Author Topic: 898 HD/SI  (Read 2414 times)

Offline larry crouch

• Unit(s): 898c&586hd
  • Accessories: lakemaster and navionic
898 HD/SI
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »
 have a lake master chip in my depth finder with way points on it . I go to way points routes tracks and go to the appropriate line to delete the way points . I hit the delete  and then I'll find a sd card to use and as soon as I put the sd card in the depth finder adds all my way points back on to the sd card that I thought was deleted and when I go back thru the deletion the way points just keep coming back So I/m at a loss here so I'm tring to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!!

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: 898 HD/SI
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:04:58 PM »
Waypoints are created and saved to the unit internal memory  ...

Deleting a waypoint in the Waypoint Management Menu removes the chosen waypoint(s) from the unit internal memory  ... (It does not remove the Waypoint from an inserted SD card that holds Waypoint data)  ...

So you are, in fact, deleting the Waypoint from the unit internal memory, but when you insert the card - that card still has the Waypoint data on it - and is being imported right back to the unit internal memory  ...

To actually remove waypoints from an SD card - you will need to import the Waypoint Data into Humminbird PC / delete the chosen waypoint(s) / Upload the edited data back to the SD card and choose "Replace" during the upload procedure  ...

Or you can delete the waypoint(s) in the Waypoint Management Menu of the unit and export the edited Waypoint data to a blank SD card  ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:11:29 PM by rnvinc »

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
BTW  ... It's a good idea to not have Waypoint data on a mapping card  ...

You might want to open the map card in Windows Explorer and delete the "Matrix" folder that contains all the Waypoints, routes, and track data  ...

Then lock the map card slide switch on the left edge of the card so nothing can be written to the map card  ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:13:18 PM by rnvinc »

Offline larry crouch

• Unit(s): 898c&586hd
  • Accessories: lakemaster and navionic
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:29 PM »
Thank you to everyone who answered the question about the way points.  Great answer's and went about fixing the problem . Thanks again !!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal