Author Topic: HumFinder  (Read 58222 times)

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
Re: HumFinder
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 06:03:43 PM »
Timo

Is there instructions on how to use Humfinder and what it is used for?  I have downloaded it and it starts up ok, but I have not been able to load anything.

George

Offline luther_p

• PSD
    • North Baldwin Sheriff's Search And Rescue
  • Unit(s): 1197c
  • Software: always current
  • Accessories: Towfish
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »
Timo, sorry it took so long, I have been tied up lately.
Wow, lots of support here for getting you the files you need too.
I downloaded the updated file and have tested it with success.
One question I have is why did you design the software to search within a specific radius for files? Why not just specify a file?
Thanks for your great work, I can already foresee this program being useful for our next water search.
Luther

Hello Luther,

Yes, I can see that the SI Range lines are not shown, nor the gray "extend" lines.
I think that you are doing nothing wrong. There seems to be some incompatibility with 1197 recordings and HumFinder.
To correct this problem, I would need to have some recording files for 1197. I have only tested HumFinder with 798ci recordings....
Luther

Offline Timo

• Unit(s): 798ci SI
  • Software: 4.780
  • Accessories: XHS-9-HDSI-180-T Transducer
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 03:20:18 AM »
George, I am sorry there isn't any detailed instruction at the moment for HumFinder. There is however some basic information concerning longitude and latitude formats, default Humminbird folder structure used with HumFinder along with other information which can be found earlier in this topic and also in the download section
http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=783.0

Some basic information about HumFinder control functionalities can also be found at the message
http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=749.msg3518#msg3518

George, please check that you have correct longitude and latitude values and select the maximum Target distance radius (3000'). Make sure too that you have selected correct folder under which are HB recording folders.

....what it is used for?....

When I gone through last summers recordings, I found several interesting objects, some of not so clear and detailed. So I got the idea of an application which could show if there was another recording(s) which shows the same interesting spot with maybe better clarity etc. Thus the name HumFinder; it searches all the (wanted) recordings and finds the files which has SI recording of particurar object. Before I was pullin my hair off looking from gigabytes of recording, if there was a particular interesting object recorded elsewhere.

Luther, I think that the above gave some kind of an answer to you too. ........Why not just specify a file?............
I don't know which file from maybe hundreds of files in that kind of stuff I use it.
The other reason is that with HumFinder one can easily determine scanned v. unscanned area in the body of water, when using larger search radius.

I have been a little bit tied up too in last couple of days. Snow here has given some extra work too. Vacation preparation has taken rest of the time. Me and my family are going to melt some frost from ourselves in hopefully sunny and warm Florida after pretty cold winter here. I read about "Treasure Coast" near West Palm Beach area with old sunken Spanish vessels with silver and gold tresures from travel guide. Hmm...  - my wife said quickly enough - there won't be any SI stuff on this trip. ;D Maybe some other year or decade or...

Signing more or less off for a couple of weeks.
Best Regards,

Timo

Offline bigkahuna

• Accessories: Custom ROV with Imagenex sonar
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2010, 07:35:19 AM »
Timo,

Looks like you aren't to far from mosaicing. Why not plot the side scan data with the tracks? I have been slowly working on some code to mosaic. I'm to the point where I'm generating images from the side scan data and have it scalable (if you tell me the pixel size in spacial distance, say ft or meters ) i can plot the data correctly. let me know if you are interested. He is a image of a recording.

@nsmith997C - Any progress with your mosaic software?  I'm looking for a way to take HB SI scans and drape them onto Google Earth ocean bottom terrains.  I've looked at the GE API and writing a KML to do this seems easy enough, but how to get a mosaic from an SI scan?  I wonder if a plug-in for Photoshop or GiMP might do this...

Offline nsmith997C

• Unit(s): 997C
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2010, 05:21:39 PM »
Here is the latest... all manual (NO GUI) but I like what I see. I have to find time to make a GUI and there are some inputs that the user has to "know", so i have some "automating" left to do. Its not ready to be shared. The ice just melted off the lakes/ponds around here and I'm getting excited to start testing. Below is a sample of my project status. The real file is much better (to large to upload).

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:26:50 PM by nsmith997C »

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
awesome.   lets get this working for the search guys.  wow,  what a way to document the search.   chuck

Offline bigkahuna

• Accessories: Custom ROV with Imagenex sonar
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 12:18:47 AM »
Here is the latest... all manual (NO GUI) but I like what I see. I have to find time to make a GUI and there are some inputs that the user has to "know", so i have some "automating" left to do. Its not ready to be shared. The ice just melted off the lakes/ponds around here and I'm getting excited to start testing. Below is a sample of my project status. The real file is much better (to large to upload).
Wow, your example is -exactly- what I would like to do!  Please keep us updated as this is outstanding work!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo