Author Topic: Co-ordinates?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline fishinman

• Unit(s): 1
Co-ordinates?
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:10:27 AM »
Is it possible to download just specific co-ordinates on my 998 rather than having to download all of them (such as a certain lake)....I would like to download and move some to another 998 unit......any help or ideas?
Thanks

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
Re: Co-ordinates?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »
I believe you can enter them in your HB PC then put your card in upload to the card.
I put a bunch of waypoint in my HB PC.   Gary

Offline Colt45

• Action Craft
  • Unit(s): 998csi
  • Software: Navplanner
  • Accessories: Dual Beam
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
You can have multiple data files in HB PC. For example, one for Lake#1 and another for Lake#2, etc.  Then you can select/copy a waypoint(s) in one file and paste it into the other.  When you have the points you want just copy that file to your SD card.  To select more than one waypoint at a time hold down the Ctrl Key while selecting.  For a range, select the first, hold the Shift key and select the last.  The 'range' will be selected.

Remember, to keep from duplicating data in the HB unit, you should first 'clear all nav data' from the unit.  I know this makes you nervous but if you're sure the data is safely on your SD card - and the PC - there should be no problem.  Everything on the SD card will be read into the HB unit memory.  So be sure you have a 'clean' data file with no duplicates before sending to the SD card and inserting into the HB unit.

Another idea:  Since the unit will hold about 3,000 waypoints (I think) you could have all waypoints in one file and name them logically.  For example I name points in FL's Lake Seminole as "SEMxxx" and Al's Eufaula as "EUxxx".  Then when you look at the points by Name all the points similarly named will fall together.  Suggest always use 3 digits after the 'name'.  I separate my waypoints by region of the lake by using SEM1xx for one area then start at SEM2xx for another.  Thus, not only do the Lake points sort together the regions on the lake do also.

Good Luck

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:13:20 AM »
Colt.....good naming scheme.  it has been said everything is in the name...I think you are convincing us of that..
Thanks,'
Chuck

Offline fishinman

• Unit(s): 1
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
Thanks guys.... Just what I was looking for!

Offline SkeeterMatt

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
Colt, that's a great naming technique. Thanks for sharing the idea. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal