Author Topic: need some help  (Read 8800 times)

Offline netman

• Unit(s): 997cSI
need some help
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
I downloaded the Hummviewer and Java and for some reason they are not making the connection with my memory card. I am however able to view the snapshots I took while learning how to use this unit. What am I not doing ?  Thanks in advance.
Randy

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
Randy,

You will probably need to copy all the files over from your sd card over to a folder in your My Documents.  Then direct Humviewer to the folder where the files were copied.

Let me know if that helps.

You can always see if someone will get in the live chat and help you out while you are online.

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
Randy

The way I set up Hummviewer was to make a folder on my desktop then download humviewer to this folder.

Then I plug in my card to the computer open it and copy the Record Folder intact to the same folder Humviewer is in.

Then run Humviewer, direct it into the folder to the *.dat file you want to run.  Then it will load and then hit "play".

It should start running, you can adjust the speed on how fast you want to scroll through your recordings, on the upper left hand corner, you might choose the 3 or 4 viewing pics to get an idea on what you want to see.

If I am looking at side imaging then I just use top/bottom, I also toggle/hold the cursor on the top bar moving it across to see specific areas. 

DownImaging has not been programmed in yet so you will not have that option.  Humviewer is an excellent program, developed by Martin.  We cannot thank him enough for his work.

Once you are set up and everything is working then all you need to do is open the record folder on your card and copy everything into the record file in your humviewer record file.

One thing to keep in mind as you continue to make recordings you will find that they can take up a lot of memory on your computer and you may have to remove some. 

George

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:27:55 PM by George »

Offline netman

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:23:55 AM »
When you download Hummviewer what are you supposed to see? I done as you guys suggested and still cannot get it to work. I'm worndering if something is not downloading correctly. And for some reason my computer is not identifiying the Java download?  Its got to be something simple. I had my wife to mess with it last night and she could not get this working? Thanks again.
Randy

Offline George

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:45 AM »
Randy

Humviewer Website:   http://humviewer.cm-johansen.dk/

Go to this site, scroll down to

Requirements

* The program requires java 1.6 (or newer I guess). If you don't have it already, then it can be downloaded   =>here
    * The program is tested with screen resolution down to 1024x768, but a higher resolution is better.

Reload Java this might do it.

Then go to Humviewer Install save to your desktop and move into you Humviewer Folder, and install.  If you have everything including your recordings in there, it should run.

George
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:02:21 AM by George »

Offline benamen

• Unit(s): 997C SI
  • Software: 4.75
  • Accessories: none
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
netman,
Humviewer is not very user friendly when it comes to installing. No screen comes up to say you are done and you have to look for the file to run if you don't change the default given you. Once you think it is installed, do a search for this file  runHumViewer.cmd
When you find it, you can copy and then paste shortcut to your desktop. Or redo the install using the instructions the guys above have given.

Offline stuart

• Unit(s): 798 ci si
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 10:58:34 PM »
i can not seem to be able to view recordings on my pc no matter what i do.they play back on the unit fine.but to be able to view, send pics,or anything else i am not having any luck

Offline netman

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 12:13:12 AM »
Thanks for the help. I am still at wits end with this. I am at work on my patrol car computer and will mess with it tomorrow.  I know its got to be something simple. I will try the new suggestions and see what I can come up with.
Randy

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »
Stuart,

How about the snapshots?  Have you been able to take snapshots on your unit and then look at them on the PC?

Robert

Offline netman

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »
Robert I am able to view the snapshots on my computer but my wife and I are at wits end with the Hummviewer. I have done everything suggested but my computer tells me that the Java could not be located. We have loaded,unloaded,uploaded ,downloaded and now I'm about to load my gun and .... :o to my computer. Unless someone tells me an alternative method I am asking if there is another way to get this going??
Thanks
Randy

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »
Randy,

You may want to try YellowFin and HBSI Converter.

Its a few extra steps, but a little easier.  The HBSI Converter will convert the HB Sonar files over to YellowFin .872 format so they can be played back in the YellowFin software.  Just install both of them, open the HBSI Converter and follow the directions.  Once you have converted a file, it will automatically open in YellowFin if you want.

Make sure you copy your files off your SD card over to a folder in your "My Documents" before you try to convert them.

Martin should be able to help you with HumViewer.  Do a little bit of reading if you haven't already and try to keep the HumViewer post in the software section so he will see it!

Robert

Offline George

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
netman
I have to believe we are missing something.

Lets go back over what we are doing (I am actually creating this on my computer step by step as I am writing it down).

1.  Make a folder on your Desktop --- Call it "Humviewer".
2.  Open it and "restore down" which is not minimize or maximize
3.  Open your search (I us Mozilla FireFox/Google) type in humviewer press enter
4.  "HumViewer - Viewer of Humminbird sonar recording files" comes up, click on this
5.  If you don't have it already, then it can be downloaded here, click on "here"
6.  Download Java for your desktop computer now! Version 6 Update 18, this will insure you have the correct Java.
7.  Download the Jave file then install it. 
8.  To install the program, just run the HumViewer install file, click on Humviewer Install
9  Humviewer install puts the program on my Desktop it is "HumViewer_3.031"
10. I can drag it into the folder Humviewer or cut and paste it into this folder.
11.  Double click on on Humviewer and click on "run".
12.  Now if you click on "Run HumViewer" the Humviewer screen screen should come up and it will say "Humviewer-No File". 

If we have got this far we are good

13.  Now plug in your SDHC Sandisk Card with your recordings on it into your USB port
14.  Click on "My Computer" then double click on "Removable Disk" there should be a file called "Record"

15.  Right Click on record and then click on copy
16.  Go to your Humviewer Folder which is partially opened, right click and paste the record file to this folder.
17. you should have both "runHumviewer" and the "Record" folder in the  the "Humviewer" Folder, if so we should be good so far.
18. If so double click on Humviewer. It will come up, with nothing on it.
19. So Far So good.  Go to "file" open it, click on "open"
20.  Double click on "Record"
21.  Then double click on the R00xxx number that is not a folder it is actually a *.dat file
22.  The file will load (takes a minute or two depending on how big the file is.
23.  On the upper right hand cord is a block called play, click on this and it should start playing.

24. You should now have the program running and you can adjust the speed up and down.

I have actually keyed in all of the above as I laid it out for you.  If you follow the steps it should work.

You may want to print this out to follow along to make it work.  Like I said I had a lot of problems Personally in getting it to work, but it is worth taking the time.

Try to follow through as it is laid out, if something does not follow as stated above, at what number are you having problems?

George

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:42:19 PM by George »

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 12:27:47 AM »
George,

Excellent post!  You need to make that its own post and put it in the Software section for reference.  I will put it as a sticky topic.

Robert
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:30:10 AM by RGecy »

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
  • Unit(s): 997C SI
  • Software: 6.300
  • Accessories: Speed sensor
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 05:19:32 AM »
Robert I am able to view the snapshots on my computer but my wife and I are at wits end with the Hummviewer. I have done everything suggested but my computer tells me that the Java could not be located. We have loaded,unloaded,uploaded ,downloaded and now I'm about to load my gun and .... :o to my computer. Unless someone tells me an alternative method I am asking if there is another way to get this going??
Thanks
Randy

Hi Randy
Else wait a few days. I am about to release a new version of HumViewer where the installation should be a lot easier and java is bundled so you do not need to install that yourself.

I will try to get it released in a day or two.
/Martin

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »
If your problem seems to be with Java.....you might try this...

Go to http://www.java.com/en/

Click on the "Do I Have Java" link UNDER the "Free Download button"....

It should tell you if you have the latest version of Java....

Or you can just wait until Martin has Java bundles with his Humviewer app...

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »
George,
I stand at attention to bow my head!

Excellent post, respect!!

Greetinbgs / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline stuart

• Unit(s): 798 ci si
snapshots
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »
robert,yes i am able to take snapshots and view them on the pc.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 06:13:38 PM »
George,

Excellent post!  You need to make that its own post and put it in the Software section for reference.  I will put it as a sticky topic.

Robert

Robert, where exactly is this sticky going to be...?? 

Offline George

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »
Robert

I installed the post in the Humviewer section I hope this is correct.

George

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal