Author Topic: Reefmaster software  (Read 20414 times)

Offline Ken L

• Unit(s): 598C HD DI-SI
  • Software: 6.460
  • Accessories: none
Reefmaster software
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »
I must be recording in correctly but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When I import some of my tracks they show as tracks when the cursor highlights them and not as icons in Global view. I have an awful lot of data i"m unable to use in mapping. When I do try to import the ones that don't work a message appears saying something is amiss which is greek to me and it then says the message is being ignored. Is there any way to fix this and prevent its recurrence?

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
Re: Reefmaster software
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Hi Ken,
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is from your description, but I am sure we can get to the bottom of it.
Could you send me an email to info@reefmaster.com.au with details on the track types that you are trying to import, and also more information on the error message that you are receiving? It will be useful to know exactly what format your tracks are in - GPX, Humminbird track (HT) or sonar log - and also what HB unit and firmware version you are running.
thanks,
Matt

ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Offline Ken L

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
Thanks for your quick response. All the files are recorded on a Sandisk SD card. They all appear to be the same DAT files. The ones in question give an error message that says" The selected GPS Sounder profile cannot be applied to one or more of these tracks as these contain explicit track points.
This message is being ignored."
When I then import the track it shows in the list as all the others but when i run the cursor over it, it shows the track in Global view and not the Icon.
I am using a HB 598C DI SI. THe software version is 6.46.
I have been able to import one track that shows as an icon in Global view and was able to generate a map. It described a place well out from shore where I was catching fish. Now I know why. Very cool.
I don't fully understand your questions so I hope this is enough.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
Hi Ken,

The first message is a warning that your import settings are set to space trackpoints at regular time intervals, which is required only for Humminbird HT tracks and GPX files. You are importing sonar log files, which have time information for each track point, so ReefMaster has ignored this setting. You can also safely ignore this warning message.

I'm still not quite clear what you mean by this:
When I then import the track it shows in the list as all the others but when i run the cursor over it, it shows the track in Global view and not the Icon.

When you are importing the tracks, do you see a valid looking track when you hold your mouse cursor over the track icon in the Import GPS Assets window?
How many track points are shown (Number of Elements) for the tracks you are having trouble with?

After the import, do the new tracks appear in the tracks list? If they do, what happens if you double click one of the tracks to edit it? Do you get an edit screen containing some track points?

Thanks,
Matt

When

Offline Ken L

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
When I import the tracks they show up in the tracks list. I see nothing different between the one that works and the others. If I double click on a non working one it opens a new tab and the whole track is displayed color coded for depth. I don't know how many points are in the tracks and I'm not sure how to find out. Some tracks are bigger then I intended them to be since I was fishing too at the time and forgot to stop the recording. The tab that the track appears in has editing functions such as zoom, move, crop and measure but the map icon that shows up on the far right with the good track isn't there. Some of my track file show no data but the ones in question appear valid.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
Hi Ken,
Interesting - I think I will need to see your workspace to get an idea of what is going on.
Could you please zip up and send your workspace file to info@reefmaster.com.au ?

The file I need is the file ending .rmdb and it will be in the folder which has the name of your workspace. It might be quite large, but should reduce significantly in size with a compression tool such as winzip.

thanks,
Matt

Offline Ken L

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 11:14:29 AM »
I have Winzip installed but I'm basically a MAC guy. I have no idea how to find that file. Incidentally, when i place the cursor over any of the track points in these tracks the GPS coordinates and the depth show up. The data is there.

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Hi Ken,
OK - if the data is there, I am going to take a guess and say that maybe the tracks are very large, and the icons, which show in the top left corner of the track, are hiding somehwere at the top of the screen. Try right-clicking the track in the list, and choosing "Show in Global View". The global view will zoom to the size of the track. Zoom out a bit so the top-left corner comes into view.

You can also add tracks to a project directly from the list using the right-mouse button menu, or - if the tracks overlay your existing project - go into the project and select "Add all overlapping tracks".

Let me know how you go,

thanks,
Matt

Offline Ken L

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
That's right. The icons were all the way up to the left and hidden. I moved the page so they showed. Still working. will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Offline Ken L

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »
I'm becoming the Mad Mapper thank you Matt. Now is there any way I can transfer a map to my FF? Being able to print it  would be almost as helpful. This is really fascinating stuff.

/

Offline matt@reefmaster

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
Hi Ken,
Take a look here for info on how to show a representation of your maps on your HB device.
You can save an image of your map from the contour view - click the export map image button at the left of the window.

From next week's release you'll be able to view contours on your mobile via Google Earth, and there's a few other new features as well as a compelte re-write of the manual.

cheers,
Matt

Offline Ken L

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks Matt. Another couple of brain cramp sessions and I'll be good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo