Author Topic: Navionics question  (Read 4555 times)

Offline Double Digit

• Unit(s): 998 c si...Navionics Platinum +
  • Software: 6.180
Navionics question
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
I haven't been out fishing in 3 weeks now because of some trailer issues.So I'm at my house playing around with my navionics chart when i noticed something strange.I was exploring other parts of Long Island that i haven't been to,I moved the curser over a port information icon and when i pushed the info button my unit shut down and rebooted itself. ???......When it turned back on i tried the same thing in the area i usually fish and its fine.I went back to the new area moved the curser over a wreck icon hit the info button and it rebooted itself again...In the new area everytime i move the curser over something and clik the info button my unit shuts itself down and turns itself back on and sometimes when it reboots it says updating software.I go back to the area and it happens again....Anybody seen this before?

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Navionics question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
Sounds like you may have an SD card in the slot with an update still on it?

What if you just hit the info button without moving the cursor over? Does it do the same thing? Or just when you move the cursor?

Have you updated the software?  What version are you running?

Robert

Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline Double Digit

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
Hi..All i have is the Navionics card in the slot.I didn't try hitting the info button without having the curser on something.I  have version 5.2 I know that i have to update to the 5.7 but I'm very uneasy when it comes to updates.I updated once and my 898 never worked right after i ended up getting rid of my 898 and buying my 998 just because of the update.I was gonna wait till winter to update just in case it screws me.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »
What sort of power supply and wiring are you using in the house?  I don’t know if it will cause it or not but we have been seeing some strange things happen when the units do not have enough power available to them.

Which Navionics mapping card is this (give year too if you know)?  Someone else with the same map card could try the same location to see if it happens on their Humminbird unit.  This will help diagnose where the problem is.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Double Digit

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »
Hi Greg...At home I have my boat backup batt...I keep it charged and lastnight when I found this problem it was 12.4 volts..So unfortunately this is not the problem.I never noticed the problem before because luckily the area I usually fish the chart works Fine.Im at work on the road right now but tonight when I get home I will post the info about the chart I'm using and the areas on the map this problem happening.....THNX

Offline Double Digit

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
Hey guys
 Ok home now and hooked up my unit for a bit and something is going on.Any thing i put my curser on in the  western Long Island Sound and hit the info button my unit will shut down and reboot itself.Eastern Long Island Sound Montauk even Boston area seems to work fine.I will use Hempstead harbor as the area that we can focus on.I put the curser on the port icon in Hempstead harbor hit the info button it went to the drop down box then  when i hit the right direction key on port info it shut down and rebooted.I tried to click on buoys,wrecks,tide stations it shut down every time i put the curser on something and hit the info button.Everytime it reboots it says humminbird loading then it says updating software real quick.I shut it down took out my navionics card turned it back on and it still flashed updating software,I'm not sure if it always said this but i didn't notice it before because its quick.The Navionics card I'm using is the....2010 platinum+ number 674...Boston-NewYork...Like i said if anybody is using this same card and can go to Hempstead harbor put your curser on a buoy or wreck or the port icon and click the info button and see what happens ide really appreciate it....THNX Jimmy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo