Author Topic: Software Update  (Read 5872 times)

Offline gammo42

• Unit(s): 898SI
Software Update
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Does anyone know where you can find the information of what is included in an update? I have notice there is a new version for the 898 but don't really want to do it until I know what the fixes/improvements are!

Cheers

Offline navionic

Re: Software Update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »
898 (Version 7.250)
Release Date: 02/24/2015

Description:
New Features:

Added support for Humminbird Lakemaster Plus cards with Aerial Photography.

Added support for Humminbird ChartSelect.
 Added support for Jigging Mode* in Side Imaging Models.
 Added support for Navigation Show Routes.
 Added support for Bluetooth Dongle and Bluetooth Remote.
 Added support for iPilot 2.5 features, which include:
Show Routes
Move / Copy iTracks
Prop Auto-on
BackTrack Distance

General Fixes:

Fixed issue where boat icon would spin 360 if you crossed from 359 à 0 or from 0 à 359.
Fixed issue where DI units were still pinging 455kHz Down Imaging when on a 360 view.
Fixed issue where changing a number of DI settings was causing hot returns to be drawn black. This only occurred on Down Imaging views.
Fixed blended beam FishID.
Fixed issue where the sonar tab still had an Imaging Frequency option when 360 was selected as ADV source.
Fixed issue where Custom Chart Layers menu option was not being removed when a LakeMaster card was inserted.
Fixed issue where track depths were being saved as 0ft if the user shut down their unit before saving the track.
*Jigging Mode - this is a selection in the 2D Sonar Express Menu.  It allows the user to select the sonar ping pattern for use while vertical jigging.  When turned ON the ping pattern will be:  200 kHz, Left SI Beam, Right SI Beam, 83 kHz, repeat.  With this mode turned OFF the ping pattern will be:  200 kHz, Left SI Beam, Right SI Beam, 83 kHz, Left SI Beam, Right SI Beam, repeat.    Basically this feature prioritizes the 2D beam over the SI beam
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:37:08 PM by navionic »

Offline gammo42

• Unit(s): 898SI
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
When you log into your My Humminbird account you can select the software download and it will show you that information for your model unit.  It will also show you what the latest software version for your unit is.
Just a note to say that the same software version may contain different changes/additions versus another model with the same software version.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »
I just updated my Humminbird 898 CSI unit a few minutes ago with the newest Humminbird Firmware. I followed the Humminbird recommendations that I found on the update page as I printed it out and read it before installing the new firmware. 

I first got an HDSD card and did a full format on it.  Then I set the Humminbird unit on and set it to default mode.  I turned it off and turned it back on and after it went though it's setup and was on I inserted the HDSD card in the card holder and let it do it's thing.  I had earlier downloaded the new firmware to my compute and copied it onto the newly reformatted HDSD card to later use.  So when I inserted the card with the firmware on it  that was the only thing on the HDSD card.  It was just the one .bin file that I got from Humminbirds support page that was solely made just for me.  You can sign up and get a support page for your registered unit too. 

All went well and I'm getting ready to go fishing in a few days to try it out.  I didn't fish at all last year and am looking forward to doing a little crappie fishing down at the lake.

Hope your update goes well. 

PS: something to always remember when downloading anything on the internet is to turn off your Anti Virus software before you download the Humminbird stuff.  Some times but not always the Anti Virus software can cause a downloaded file to get corrupted.  So check the total byes of file information downloaded and compare to what should have been downloaded and see if they are the same.  Then you are good to go. 

You can also download the file straight to the SDHC card in your computer if your computer can read/write to the SDHC cards.  I just download the file to a folder on my Hard Drive on my Computer and then just copy and past it to the SDHC card that I put in my computer's SDHC built in card reader.
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline Submaster

• Unit(s): 898c HD SI
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Navionics Platinum East
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »
Installed this new software...I don't know what they (Humminbird) did, but I LIKE it.  This new software, it seems to me anyway, is much better.  I better resolution and I can see things I was not able to on previous versions.  I recommend it. ;D
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies.

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
That's good to hear. I've not used my unit much since I installed the newest software about a month ago.  I took the boat out but didn't really pay much attention to the screen as the lake I was fishing is small and I fished it a lot in the past and didn't really need to use the depth finder much that day.  It was more or less a dry run just to make sure that the boat would still start and run ok. I'd not use the motor any at all in 2014 and this was the first time out since Oct  2013.
Regards,

Moose1am

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo