Author Topic: 997 C Si NVB?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline reddog

• My pictures
  • Unit(s): 2)997 C SI, 788CI, 787C2, 1197 1198
  • Accessories: Ipilot Link
997 C Si NVB?
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:37:48 PM »
  With a 997 NVB model, when I add in a Navionics chip do I need to  select anything other than auto in the charts selections.   When I put my Navionics North Premium Hot Maps chip in and I lose all maps and map data.   I tried selecting the Hot Maps and it didnt  do anything.  It just kept saying "loading maps".

Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: 997 C Si NVB?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »
You do mean the NVB Chart Preference setting right?  Not Chart Select?

I can't rmember all the setting choices since I just use the NVB charts, but I think Gold+ is the one you would need for the Premium or Platinum.  HotMaps does the same for me, just says loading charts because there are no charts to load.

Let me know if that helps.

Robert

Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
I would set the Chart Select menu to the slot where you installed the Premium HotMaps card.  If that does not work try the other slot and change the menu setting.  If that does not work try either borrowing a map card from someone else to test in your unit or try your map card in someone else’s Humminbird unit.

Robert is thinking about the NVB Chart Preference menu which allows you to select what pre-installed NVB map data it will use.  The Auto setting let’s the unit make the choice while the HotMaps and Gold+ settings set the unit to only show data from that part of the NVB maps.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline reddog

• My pictures
  • Unit(s): 2)997 C SI, 788CI, 787C2, 1197 1198
  • Accessories: Ipilot Link
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »
I have two 997s right now, one NVB and one not.  The chip works fine in my unit.  The NVB unit is one I am testing out for a guy, putting it thru its paces.  It was involved in a storm here on July 18th, that found the boat it was mounted on upside down in the water with a 997, 757 and an LCX 27 still installed in the boat. (Over 200 boats got loose in the storm and ended up piled up on the south end of the lake.)  Both Humminbirds came right up when I powered them on, although it took the 997 a while to lock on, but there was a considerable distance from where it was last powered.  The problem I was having was on the first day and to be truthful, I didnt leave it on for very long (maybe half an hour)  and I switched back to my unit.  I messed with it that night in the shop that night, and it worked flawlessly the second day of the trip.    I dont have a power cord for the LCX 27, but Im working on that one also.

Impressive pieces of equipment, thats for sure.

Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal