Author Topic: Duplicated waypoints from Navionics to HBPC  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Colt45

• Action Craft
  • Unit(s): 998csi
  • Software: Navplanner
  • Accessories: Dual Beam
Duplicated waypoints from Navionics to HBPC
« on: June 01, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
I have a 998csi running Navionics charts.  I can export Waypoints and Routes to two separate GPX files.  Then the two files are imported to Humminbird PC.  The Waypoint file contains only the waypoints.  The Routes file contains the routes and all waypoints that are in a route.  I can "copy" the waypoints from the waypoint file and "paste" to the HBPC "routes" file and the software says it will not copy any waypoint already in the routes file but it does, ending up with duplicated wayoints for all those that are in a route.  No matter what I try when all this is sent to an SD card what I get is duplicate waypoints for any that are in a route.  I was able to edit the SD file by sorting the waypoints and manually deleting the SECOND ones in the list but with upwards of a thousand or so waypoints that's a lot of manual work.

Anyone know how to get a clean file from Navionics into HBPC and onto an SD card without duplicated wayoints?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:12:26 PM by Colt45 »

Offline LittleGazoo

• Unit(s): SOLIX 15 G2, SOLIX 12 G2
  • Software: 3.640
  • Accessories: Ethernet
Re: Duplicated waypoints from Navionics to HBPC
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:53:52 PM »
Upload from HBPC to a SD-card.
Download back into HBPC.
Might clean them...

Think you could use tracks instead of routes?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:56:09 PM by LittleGazoo »

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
Colt45,
How are you exporting two different GPS files?
Is this from your Humminbird unit or is this from some program?
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Colt45

• Action Craft
  • Unit(s): 998csi
  • Software: Navplanner
  • Accessories: Dual Beam
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Using Navionics NavPlanner from Fugawi (purchased with the 998csi) ver 4.5.56.5612.  Open a map then click the Waypoiints icon and drill down to the list of points.  At the top, second from left is the "Export Waypoints" icon.  Click and choose a file location and type ".gpx".  A file of just the waypoints is created.  Back on the Navionics main screen click the "Routes" icon and the Routes window opens.  Drill down to see the list of routes.  Here it gets a bit tricky.  Click on the first "route" and while holding down the Shift key, click the last route.  All routes will be selected.  At the top, click the 'Export Routes" icon, choose a location and type ".gpx".  Now open HBPC and select "File, Open" and choose in turn both the Waypoints.gpx and Routes.gpx files.  Two new files in HBPC is opened.  Note that the file for the Waypoints contain only the waypoints (all of them) while the file of Routes contains a list of Waypoints and Routes.  Note the Waypoints are only those in the routes.  Any Waypoints in the Navionics that are NOT in a route are not there.  If you select the waypoints file and copy all waypoints into the waypoints folder of the routes file the software says some will not be copied as they already exist.  However, all are sent creating duplicates.  I've tried copy/paste both ways and end result is the same.   If you plug in the SD card and wait for it to be recognized you can then send the duplicated file to the card.  It is possible to open the file on the SD card, sort by name and manually remove the SECOND waypoint where a duplicate appears.  After edit, the SD card loads nicely in the HB unit.  It works, but takes a lot of manual editing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:13:42 PM by Colt45 »

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Colt45.  I figured that another program was involved in this.  I’m guessing that there is some type of data formatting mismatch between what HumminbirdPC is looking for and what the NavPlanner program is sending, otherwise all duplicate waypoints should have been rejected as duplicates.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline LittleGazoo

• Unit(s): SOLIX 15 G2, SOLIX 12 G2
  • Software: 3.640
  • Accessories: Ethernet
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:49:02 AM »
My understanding is that HB definition of "duplicate waypoints" are waypoints with the same name, Lat & Lon.

HBPC would or should remove any duplicates when writing or reading the DATA.HWR file in the MATRIX folder of an SD-card.  So HBPC should clean up your duplicates if it was used.  Now the fact the waypoints are part of a Route, might complicate things.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo