Author Topic: HumViewer - Viewer of humminbird files  (Read 220493 times)

Offline diver651

• Unit(s): 1197, 1198
  • Software: 6.47
  • Accessories: Interlink, Aux Speed/Temp,
Re: HumViewer - Viewer of humminbird files
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
One of the changes with this version is that a Rnnnnn.xml file is saved for each recording (in the same directory as the Rxxxxx.dat file). The first time you open a recording the program will use the default settings, after that it should use the settings from last time you viewed that recording.

But if I understand you correctly you have changed to another layout, selected 'save as default' and after that tried to open a new recording (one that have not been opened in this version before) - and then it still shows the '3 view' layout ?

Please check if you have a file called Template.xml under the config directory. If you don't then try to reinstall. If you have, try to open it and look for a line saying something like: <SonarSplitScreen>3 View</SonarSplitScreen>
The value (e.g. '3 View') tells which default layout to use. It should change if you start the program, change the layout and select 'save as default' under the settings menu.

/Martin

Martin,

I have checked the template file and it does indicate the defaults as I have set them, and opening a new (unopened in this version) file does work as you indicate it should. Yesterday that was not the case. I guess I should have shut the program down and tried again before asking the question, but the answer helps me know what features you have added.

As we have all said before, thanks for the tremendous results of your efforts!

Regards,
Mike

Offline Hydroman52

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
When I load one of my files in HumView 3.031, I get the error "No depth data!".  Of course, no depth is displayed when I play the file.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Does anyone know how this could happen?  I think it displays depth data when I playback on the SONAR unit.  Could I have loaded incorrectly or could I be missing part of a file?

That is because your recordings is done with an older firmware that do not include depth data in the recording files. I cannot remember exactly when it was changed but I think the last firmware without the depth data in the recording files was 3.940.

Martin,

I checked my documentation, and it looks as though the unit was only "upgraded" to 3.720.  Last time I used it was on a job in December 2008 and it has been in storage ever since then.  I'll dig it out, upgrade, test another file, and reply with results as soon as I am able.  Thanks for your help.

Rick

Offline arnados

• Unit(s): 798SI
  • Software: 4.62
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2009, 05:06:07 PM »
¿What exact is HumViewer??  Look this image. Red line was draw over SI image using User Track feature and then imported in Oziexplorer.
¿What do you think about it?
Saludos
Franila_rendered

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
  • Unit(s): 997C SI
  • Software: 6.300
  • Accessories: Speed sensor
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »
¿What exact is HumViewer?? 

The short answer to this question is: I don't know :'(

The main reason for my answer is that the position in the recordings are saved in some version of Mercator Meters. However the formula for converting the positions to WGS84 is not the same as e.g. Eagle/Lowrance uses. I found the formula I am using in a thread on the 'old' Humminbird forum where some guys where working on a viewer a few years back. I don't know where they got their formula from and I have not been able to find any documentation for that formula anywhere else. But when I compare the output of that formula with the son2xtf conversion utility I get results that are with 1-2 meters.

The other issue is that I have been forced to estimate the pixel to depth/distance ratio. I believe that I have got it pretty close, but maybe I am off by ~½ metre on longer distances.

So all in all, my guess is that the HumViewer program has an accuracy of up to 2.5 metres.
If you compare that with the accuracy of the different GPS receiver types (look at this thread: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=229.0 ) you will see that the gps receiver itself can be off by 3-10 metres depending on the type. Compared with that I would say that the accuracy of the HumViewer program is acceptable allthough I wished that it could be more accurate.

I would like to add, that I have tried to request the exact formula's directly from Humminbird as I think that it would be in the interest of Humminbird to support the development of a good viewer, but Humminbird do not want to share that information with me.  :-X

/Martin

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »
Hi Fran,
how did you make this record? Did you drive right beside the pier or were you some metres away from it when you made it?
I would say that the GPS is damned accurate!

Saludos
Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline arnados

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
Sorry...I apologize my bad english. Record was made runing about 20 metres from quay. I think Humminbird SI and HumViewer are extremely accurate but when I post  I write a question and that was not my pretention. I hope you can understand me. My pretension is claim that HumViewer is a great program.
Martin, I think the best program for translate Mercator to Geographics was write for a russian hydrographer and posting in xumba.scholleco.com forums.
I have a copy.
Regards.
/Fran

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 01:55:54 AM »
Sorry...I apologize my bad english. Record was made runing about 20 metres from quay. I think Humminbird SI and HumViewer are extremely accurate but when I post  I write a question and that was not my pretention. I hope you can understand me. My pretension is claim that HumViewer is a great program.
Martin, I think the best program for translate Mercator to Geographics was write for a russian hydrographer and posting in xumba.scholleco.com forums.
I have a copy.
Regards.
/Fran

No problem Fran. I did misunderstand you, but no harm done.
It is that routine written by the russian hydrographer and posted in the xumba.scholleco.com forum that I was referring to.
Does anyone know if there exist any documentation for that conversion routine, either he is a total genius or else he must have found the formula somewhere.  :)

/Martin

Offline arnados

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »
Martin, I have some Geodesic books and that formula is exact......but...look this paragraph:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R = 6378388#
alfa = 1 / 297#
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This values are refer to Hayford Ellipsoide (International) and probably Humminbird files are refer to Clark Ellipsoide (NAD-27) or WGS-84.
If not another suggestion, perhas will be a good idea make a beta version and test diferents Ellipsodes.
Sorry....(my bad english)
Regards
Fran

Offline arnados

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »
Martin, I have some Geodesic books and that formula is exact......but...look this paragraph:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R = 6378388#
alfa = 1 / 297#
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This values are refer to Hayford Ellipsoide (International) and probably Humminbird files are refer to Clark Ellipsoide (NAD-27) or WGS-84.
If not another suggestion, perhas will be a good idea make a beta version and test diferents Ellipsodes.
Sorry....(my bad english)
Regards
Fran

More info......this formula suppos Ecliptic Earth but I don´t know any cartographic program that use Ecliptic formulas. For example, Furuno use formulas for Espheric Earth. Maxsea use metric values. Olex and Wayplaner save in geographic coordenates.

Lowrance use Mercator meters refers as Espheric Earth. This is correct formula for Lowrance:
    function [Lat,Lon] = meters2deg(X, Y)
    Lon = (180/pi()).*(X./6356752.3142);
    Lat = (180/pi()).*(2*atan(exp(Y./6356752.3142))-pi()./2)
As you can see, value 6356752.3142 is Semi-minor axis in WGS84.

¿Do you  understand me?
Regards
Francisco Amado

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2009, 07:02:26 AM »
Hi Fran,

this stuff is way over my head and I think that I would not even understand it, if someone would explain this in German. But keep your input coming!

Regards from (rainy) Lake Constance
Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline arnados

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
Hi Fran,

this stuff is way over my head and I think that I would not even understand it, if someone would explain this in German. But keep your input coming!

Regards from (rainy) Lake Constance
Harry

Harry, what do you do not undertand, my english or geodetic formula?
Regards
Fran

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2009, 05:40:42 PM »
Hi Fran,
the formulas, of course  :). This stuff sounds like Chinese to me and I'm glad that I don't have to work with such complicated things.

Best wishes
Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Camalama

• Eat, Sleep, Fish
    • Hunting & Fishing In Missouri
  • Unit(s): 997c & 787c2i
  • Software: 4.750 on both
  • Accessories: InterLink & Weather Sense
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »
Martin

Got a bit of an issue... I downloaded both Java and HumViewer and did a restart. I get 2 windows that pop up on Vista when I try to run the program. The message window states "Windows cannot find 'java'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." The other window is a Command window with this in it "Could Not Find C:\[file path]\HumViewer\log\*.log"

There are no files in the \Humviewer\log\ directory. Should there be?

Thanks,

Cameron
Cameron Denison
St. Charles, MO

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
Got a bit of an issue... I downloaded both Java and HumViewer and did a restart. I get 2 windows that pop up on Vista when I try to run the program. The message window states "Windows cannot find 'java'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." The other window is a Command window with this in it "Could Not Find C:\[file path]\HumViewer\log\*.log"

Hi Camalama
Just to be 100% sure. You wrote that you downloaded Java, you installed into also, right ?
The first problem with windows stating "Windows cannot find 'java'" sounds like java is not installed correctly. A week or two ago another user 'PT' had the same problem, I dont know if he ever solved it. I don't use Vista myself so I don't know if the is any special precautions to take when installing java on a vista.
I hope someone else can help you with that.

The second message "Could Not Find C:\[file path]\HumViewer\log\*.log" is not a problem. It is simple trying to cleanup from the last run of the program. And as you have not succeeded in starting the program yet, there is nothing to cleanup.

Sorry that I cannot help you with the java problem.

/Martin

Offline Camalama

• Eat, Sleep, Fish
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2009, 07:16:58 PM »
Thanks Martin,

I am no programer, by any stretch of the imagination. I do know that many other programs have issues with Vista, so that's probably where the problem lies. I can tell you that the install directory for Java is C:\Program Files (x86)\. I don't know why the programs install in the ...(x86) directory, but if you are pointing to the standard directory, I assume this may be part of the issue.

Thanks again,

Cameron
Cameron Denison
St. Charles, MO

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2009, 02:52:23 AM »
Hi Cameron
I have tried to make it independant of where java is installed by only calling java without a path. But that requires that windows added the path to the java installation directory to its 'search' path.

On a Windows XP or 2000 computer I would open a command prompt (by selecting <Start> - <Run> and typing 'cmd' in the window), or selecting <Start> - <Programs> - <Accessories> - <Command prompt>
I the command prompt I would type 'set PATH' and check in the result that the path to the bin directory of the java installation is in the list (e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin').
I have no idea if it works the same way on Vista.

Is there anyone that is using Vista that have got the HumViewer to run ? It would be nice to know whether this is a general problem or not.

/Martin

Offline dybvad417

• Wreckhunter in the Kattegat, Denmark
  • Unit(s): 987 Cx SI
  • Software: 4.750
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »
Hey Martin

I got Vista, and i got all versions of HumViewer to run on my pc and on my Toshiba Vista notebook.

Offline cweb

« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2009, 07:51:57 AM »
Vista and Humviewer playing well together here.

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »
That is good to hear.
Did any of you do something special when you installed java (e.g. setup path or install using special user) ?

I hope someone can give Cameron a hint to how he can get java working.

/Martin

Offline Camalama

• Eat, Sleep, Fish
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
I'll keep messing with it. I got it to work fine here at the office, but this is XP. It's definately a Java thing. Thanks for the help. If I figure out where I went wrong, I'll let you know for other that may have the same issue.

Thanks again,

Cameron
Cameron Denison
St. Charles, MO

Offline kosmo

• Unit(s): 2 - 998 , 597hd/di
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
right click on  humviewer command script.select properties.then compatibility.run as windows xp.

Offline cweb

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
That is good to hear.
Did any of you do something special when you installed java (e.g. setup path or install using special user) ?

I hope someone can give Cameron a hint to how he can get java working.

/Martin
No I didn't have to  do anything special. But I did make a shortcut to desktop. It has to be a shotcut to run.humviewer and not a copy of run.humviewer.

Offline Camalama

• Eat, Sleep, Fish
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
For whatever reason the path for Java was not added to path in the environmental variables. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin) Added the path and everything works fine.
- kosmo, I thank you for the information, I didn't get a chance to try it, but I managed to get it working.

Thanks everyone.

[ADDED]
I've now had a chance to play with the software, and all I can say is Thank You. This is great stuff. Some of the waypoints I have created were not correct when checked against Google Earth, but easy enough to figure out, the location shown in the viewer was correct. Any chance of getting an imperial units version?

Cameron
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:10:49 PM by Camalama »
Cameron Denison
St. Charles, MO

Offline fab

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:42 PM »
Hi Martin,

Thanks for all of your hard work. I hope that your back is doing better. I have one request, if possible. Could you please include a feature that a few of us would really find useful? Would you be able to have the Humviewer have an option to simultaneously collect and record 5 or 7 waypoint locations and depths horizontally across the screen on a user-adjustable period (like every 1 to 5 seconds)? For those of us who would use it, it would be a hugely more efficient way to collect data for a personal bathymetry program. I see that we can individually mark structure and assign waypoints on an one-at-a-time basis. However, I am suspecting that you could implement this feature pretty easily, to do it automatically.

A I making sense? I mean collect position and depth waypoints at periodic intervals across the screen like this...

X      X      X      X      X      X

on a periodic basis, as the video scrolls by. I suppose that you could make the screen spacing dependent upon the depth so the distance between each marker is 3 meters (or some other fixed interval). Thus, for shallow depths, there may only be 3 markers and deeper depths may have 5, 7, or 9 markers, but that may be too complex.

If you could do this, I promise to dance around a huge fire, make burnt offerings to the deity of your choice, and chant your name far into the night     ;)

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2009, 04:18:07 AM »
Hi Fab
It would not be a problem making the waypoints automatically as you request, but there is one problem.
When you make waypoints from the SI image there is no depth data included, as I dont know the depth on a certain point on the SI image.
To my knowledge there is no way to calculate/estimate the depth on a particular point on the SI image.

I guess that without the depth information you have no use of this function, am I right ?
/Martin

P.S A little request to all. This thread is getter really big, so I think it could be a good idea to reserve this thread for problems/questions about the current version of the program, and then make a new thread (under the HumViewer directory) for requests for new functionalities and other stuff related to the HumViewer program.

Offline fab

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
HI Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I guess that I'm a little bit mixed up because when I go to the Utility menu and click on the screen to mark a waypoint, your program pulls up a small window entitled "Enter name of waypoint". In this small dialogue window, it lists latitude, longitude, and depth. It then instructs the user to create a name for the waypoint. Is the depth information in that window wrong? If it is correct, can't you do it in the same way as it is done using the utility? Thanks. Tom

Offline fab

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »
If the depth is accurate (and I assume it's calculated rather than directly measured), then is it possible to create an array of waypoints at regular intervals in time as indicated by the red dots from this screen shot? (If the depth is not reasonable accurate, then never mind.) Thanks for your expertise with this.

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
Ups, then I understand why you are confused.
The depth shown in that dialog is a left over from when waypoints was always created directly under the boat (in an earlier version).

The depth shown in that dialog is the depth directly under the boat, not (necessarily) the depth at the point where the waypoint is created. I think I will need to remove that info from the dialog.
Actually the lat/lon shown in that dialog is also the position of the boat, not where the waypoint is actually created.

/Martin
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:09:02 AM by mrj9600 »

Offline dizzyfish

• 987 SI on a kayak !
    • Extreme UK Kayak Fishing
  • Unit(s): 987SI
  • Software: 4.770
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
Martin - Firstly, thanks for a great piece of software. I too, had problems installing on Vista - the self extracting exe was not extracting properly. Then did a bit more investiagtion and found that the issue was with IE v8. So switched to Firefox and everything was OK.

Also - another (probably obvious) thing - don't rename the folders in the HB "RECORD" folder (I do this to annoate them with some context eg "R00032 Salcombe Wreck") - Humviewer does not like it !

Are there any plans to mosaic the SI view to GoogleEarth ? - That would be really great !

Thanks again

Ian
The world's most advanced fishing kayak

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
I think I will need to remove that info from the dialog.
Actually the lat/lon shown in that dialog is also the position of the boat, not where the waypoint is actually created.

/Martin

Martin,

I would leave the depth in the dialog, 'cause it gives important information. One just has to know and keep in mind the fact, that this is the depth underneath the boat at the respective position.

My two cents

Greetings from the south
Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2009, 05:19:46 AM »
I would leave the depth in the dialog, 'cause it gives important information. One just has to know and keep in mind the fact, that this is the depth underneath the boat at the respective position.

Then I guess I will just change the text to something like 'Depth (transducer)' and maybe both show the lat/lon at the GPS and where the waypoint is created.

/Martin

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
Perfect Martin!
It really would be too bad to miss this information.
Regards
Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline panman_va

• Unit(s): 997C, 858C
  • Software: 997 5.45, 858 5.50
  • Accessories: Interlink, XM Weather
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »
I have been able to modify the file runHumViewer.cmd file to get Java working but all it does is bring up a command window. What is the significance of the HumViewer.Humviewer at the end of the second line. Once I understand that part, I may get HumViewer to work with 64-bit Vista.
Keith

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2009, 03:14:21 AM »
I have been able to modify the file runHumViewer.cmd file to get Java working but all it does is bring up a command window. What is the significance of the HumViewer.Humviewer at the end of the second line. Once I understand that part, I may get HumViewer to work with 64-bit Vista.

That is the name of the class that contains the main class, i.e. the class that java must startup to run the program.

/Martin

Offline panman_va

• Unit(s): 997C, 858C
  • Software: 997 5.45, 858 5.50
  • Accessories: Interlink, XM Weather
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
I finally got it. I uninstalled the 32 bit version of Java and installed a version for Vista 64 bit SP2. HumViewer runs fine now.
Keith

Offline arnados

« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
Saludos a todos.
Martin, what about new version??
Fran

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:17 PM »
Hi Fran
I haven't had much time lately to work on the program as I have started working again after my back operation.

I am working on some changes, but I cannot promise when the next version will be released.

/Martin

Offline goodwinexplorer

• Unit(s): 1187, 1198,c si combo
  • Software: 4.18
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
Hi
Any news on the Mosaic software? the humviewer has really given the unit the detail it needs.
Bob

Offline Mental

• www.KayakFishingNZ.com
  • Unit(s): 798CI
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2009, 07:52:48 AM »
Anyone been able to get this running on a Mac?

Cheers, Mental
Kayak: Ocean Kayak Prowler Elite 4.5
Member of: NZKFC & NZACA 
PBs Snapper: 11.48kg/25.3lb
KayakFishingNZ - Kayak Fishing - It's Catching!

Offline JHartikka

• Unit(s): 797C2 SI
  • Software: 797c2_v4_960.bin
Nice to see SI recordings on my computer screen!
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »

Hi Martin,

I registered just to thank you for a nice SI recording viewer! It is quite what I needed to quickly look through the recordings on my computer screen! It is rather cumbersome work with the Humminbird 797c2 to wait sonar display wade thru hour long recordings... Another especially delightful surprise was to find that your viewer readily translates my 797c2 old Imperial units of feet and miles to metres and m/s - no more need for constant mental arithmetic to translate the 'antique units'!  :)

Having recorded home waters of my friends I have showed them how to use your viewer and they have learned it quite quickly, too, so I guess it is also easy to use!

Just one thing I would like to ask about: When trying to open recordings it somedays says: "... should contain data for 3472 seconds but contains data only for 3457 seconds ... will not be used." It took some time until I probably found the reason for inexact durations of recordings: When I use the cursor to mark locations while the unit is recording, my Humminbird 797c2 stops sounding for a few seconds until I have quit the marking by hitting 'exit'. So the recording will become a few seconds shorter when using the cursor on SI screen. I wonder if there are any tricks I could use to somehow look these 'cursor shortened' recordings, too, with this fluent viewer?  

Regards,

- Juha -

Finland

A couple of example pics from my near waters attached:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:37:36 PM by JHartikka »
- Juha -

Finland

Offline Sidescanner

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
Dear Martin,

Do you have a manual about how to use the Color settings?
I like to be able to make my own colors and that seems possible in your software?

Kind regards,

Henkl

Offline pebe

• Unit(s): HB 798ci SI
  • Software: 5.450
  • Accessories: AS-GR-HA
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2009, 04:57:49 AM »
Hello,

if i stop the playing, i can mark a waypoint or more.
Then i play again and stop the second time and want to mark a waypoint.
Then the Waypoint Function and all other utilities wont work.

I close the whole programm and restart it for a scondy try and even after this restart i wasnt able to use the utilities.
Now wait for a little time and start the programm again and it will work.
playing and marking...and the same problem again.

I couldn´t find out what the exat problem was to reproduce the error,
only from Time to time i wasn´t able to use the utilities.

PeBe

[EDIT]
Maybe this happens after i klick with left Mousebutton in/on the Scrollarea or hold the marker with the mousebutton and scroll through the record....
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
Yes,
after i entered a new value in the timemark, for axample from 0 hour to 1 hour and then want to use the utilities, it doesnt work.
If i went back to the timecode 00:00:00 and play the file the the utilities will work. until i scroll by hand or by the timecode function.
Maybe this happens only if i goto a position after ONE hour.
No, it will wirk til Timecode 00:56:57, one second later it wont work.
Damned, this behavoiur wasnt seen in another record....
.....so, after testing with a few records, this Problem occurs only in a few files.
I did not realy find out whats the Problem.
The Trackploting works, so the Position Informations should be ok...but all utilities wont work..cant understand...
Upps found out, the copy position to clipboard works til timecode 00:56:58...Missing informations in the recording ?

Found more
00:56:58 Right SI Window lost GPS Info
00:56:59 Left SI Window lost GPS Info
00:57:04 2D Window lost GPS Info
But 2D Trackplot was right until End of the Record.
[/EDIT2]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:24:51 AM by pebe »

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:51 AM »
Hi Pebe
Interesting observations you have there  :)

My first guess is that there is something wrong in the recording files, but there is no way I can prove it without seeing the files.
Tonight I will try to check with a large recording I have to see if I can reproduce your observations.

/Martin

Offline pebe

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2009, 08:50:34 AM »
I have just send you a mail with the Downloadlink to the Recordingfile i found the Problem.

Let me again say:
I appreciate your fast Reaction about Problems  ;D

PeBe

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
I have just send you a mail with the Downloadlink to the Recordingfile i found the Problem.

Hi PeBe
I got your recording, and I am sad to say that the problem is in the HumViewer program  :'(
The good thing was that the problem is easy to fix, I just need to finish the other changes that I have started before I can release it.

/Martin

Offline pebe

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »
Doesnt matter !
Errors are normal and i think we all appreciate your fast react to any request you got from us !
Took all the time you need to develop HV for us  ;D

PeBe
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:17:25 PM by pebe »

Offline kucai

• Unit(s): Wide100, 737
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:18 AM »
Dear Martin,

I am wondering what are the details included in the CSV files?
My background: currently using a hb 737 to do general hydro survey/mapping, logging nmea data to a notebook. As you can expect, this setup is problematic with all the home-made-wire-connection dangling from gps, sounder and notebook. Not to mention constantly worrying about water spray onto the notebook! Therefore, I am thinking that if I can use 737 SON files from SD card, use hummviewer to extract gps data & depth from csv, that would be very neat. If you can include NMEA HDOP value in csv file, that would be very helpful too so that I can filter out bad readings.
Thanks.

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »
Hi
The fields in the .csv file are:
latitude,longitude,depth,time,speed,heading

I have no idea what 'NMEA HDOP' is, so I cannot tell if it possible to include it in the file.

/Martin

Offline pebe

« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilution_of_Precision
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilution_of_precision_%28GPS%29

For example it is included in an GGA Sentence like this
Code: [Select]
$GPGGA,191410,4735.5634,N,00739.3538,E,1,04,4.4,351.5,M,48.0,M,,*45
                ^      ^           ^            ^ ^  ^   ^       ^     
                |      |                    |            | |  |   |                |   
                         |      |           |            | |  |   |                Höhe Geoid minus
        |      |           |            | |  |   |       Höhe Ellipsoid              (WGS84)
        |      |           |            | |  |   |                in Metern (48.0,M)
        |      |           |            | |  |   |                 |      |           |            | |  |   Höhe          über Meer (über Geoid)
        |      |           |            | |  |   in              Metern (351.5,M)
        |      |           |            | |  |
        |      |           |            | |  HDOP (horizontal dilution
        |      |           |            | |  of              precision) Genauigkeit
        |      |           |            | |
        |      |           |            | Anzahl              der erfassten Satelliten
        |      |           |            |           
        |      |           |            Qualität              der Messung
        |      |           |            (0              = ungültig)
        |      |           |            (1              = GPS)
        |      |           |            (2              = DGPS)
        |      |           |            (6              = geschätzt nur NMEA-0183 2.3)
        |      |           |           
        |      |           Längengrad
        |      |
        |      Breitengrad           
        |
        Uhrzeit
Sorry, displayed bad, just copy it to your favorite editor an beutify it by yourself.
the 4.4 is the HDOP Value
A Better Explanantion, but in german is here:
http://www.kowoma.de/gps/zusatzerklaerungen/NMEA.htm
hope it helps
bye
PeBe
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:48:47 AM by pebe »

Offline mrj9600

• Home of HumViewer
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
Okay, so HDOP is basically a number telling how 'reliable' the GPS reading is.
I dont think that is saved in the recording files.

/Martin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo