Software and Software Development > Software Downloads

Downloads and 6.180

<< < (2/4) > >>

sonar2000:
dont you just like the standard between HB units.
You would think there would be some commonality between these devices at least within the release date and especially the new '98 series.
Sending into HB for what a pc connect could fix is not good for image.
Especially with ethernet connect being touted so much.
I dont understand this at all..

Bobby; let us know what HB tells you about their fix..
Chuck

bobby:
I'll post,  tonight when I get home, the procedures they sent to me so others can see what to look for regarding corrupt waypoints.  My question was, "Those waypoints wern't corrupt overnight, the dates on some are several years old, why now do they lock up my units?" You can look in your on waypoints a determine if you have a corrupt one, if it has no name, if the name is meaningless, like letters or symbols,,, etc..  Will post later today.  My suggestion, the new waypoint handling software, that is one of the only variables, that and the interlink could have failed...

ITGEEK:
I think the newer software is way more sensitive to waypoint errors than older
versions.  I found that you can also have duplicate waypoint names.

It sucks that you had to send your machine back to HB.
I hope it all works out.

sonar2000:
I deleted the 407 release (6.180 error load...)....in our download section....the one that is there is the right one....

Chuck

Humminbird_Greg:
Unfortunately to move forwards with new features and functions in our units it was decided that we would go to a new program language.  This is the reason that HumminbirdPC will not work with the newer larger units like the 898 and 998 units.

The Waypoint Management software is (to coin a phrase) “more sensitive” to illegal waypoint names than previous versions of software.  How do waypoints get corrupted?  I don’t know but this is why I recommend to always save a copy of your waypoints on your computer.  BTW: you could always have duplicate waypoint names.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version