Side Imaging Forums > Solix

Solix Follow Contour

(1/3) > >>

Diesel Pro:
Solix 12si Ulterra Ipilot Link BT- all new setup.  When out on the water testing I found that the Follow Contour acted oddly.  I selected my contour and which direction to go but as soon as I told it to go it took off and went the away from the contour line.  My research tells me that there is an offset distance that could be causing this, but it appears as though I cannot bring this up in the unit until I am out of garage  in GPS range?  Hoping for some suggestions before I hit the water next.

I did go through the settings and switched off a lot of Auto config settings so I can set my external GPS as first preference then the internal etc.

N9Phil:
John you are correct when you say that you have to be on the water.  What map are you using?  I have not tried it with the Solix yet but when using the Onix I believe that you have to use either a Lakemaster map or the one created with AutoChart PC or Autochart Live.  When you put your cursor on the depth line that you want to follow the menu that comes up allows you to set the direction to follow and the off set that you want.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: N9Phil on June 09, 2018, 07:33:07 AM ---John you are correct when you say that you have to be on the water.  What map are you using?  I have not tried it with the Solix yet but when using the Onix I believe that you have to use either a Lakemaster map or the one created with AutoChart PC or Autochart Live.  When you put your cursor on the depth line that you want to follow the menu that comes up allows you to set the direction to follow and the off set that you want.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for popping in N9Phil. I run Fortrex and have no experience with the iPilot questions  ...

Rickie

Diesel Pro:

--- Quote from: N9Phil on June 09, 2018, 07:33:07 AM ---John you are correct when you say that you have to be on the water.  What map are you using?  I have not tried it with the Solix yet but when using the Onix I believe that you have to use either a Lakemaster map or the one created with AutoChart PC or Autochart Live.  When you put your cursor on the depth line that you want to follow the menu that comes up allows you to set the direction to follow and the off set that you want.

--- End quote ---

I'm running Lakemaster Plus.  Did the cursor thing plus selected the direction and then it took off and went away from the contour line.  I hope to get more time to test, but this seriously cuts into my fishing time. 

That and the double bottom at depths around 10' and under :rolleyes:  Apparently I cant run Medium/High frequency, only high at that depth, but when I'm trying to run around 12-14' it's inevitable that I will hit 10 at some point and impractical to change from med/high to high and back again. 

N9Phil:
John, I have heard that there are times when you have to zoom in further on your map to get it to work right and you might also try only have your map chart on the screen to see if it works correctly.  As for the double bottom situation, I don't use the auto depth feature.  I usually set the max depth to a little over the depth of the lake I am fishing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version