Side Imaging Forums > 1197c SI, 1198c SI & 1199ci HD SI

1199 navigation tab not showing head up

(1/3) > >>

whizkids:
When I select head up as the option on my nav tab I get COG instead.
I am fairly competent on this unit but I can not figure where the COG is coming from as the three options are: North up, head up and course up.

anyone else have or have had this issue?

rnvinc:
Head Up works just like Course Up when there is no AS GPS HS antenna connected to the unit  ...

Is there am AS GPS HS antenna connected  ...??

Rickie

whizkids:
Yes there is but I usually have this unit use internal GPS. This unit is the unit at the trolling motor. So you are saying I should select the external GBS? That GPS is located at the back of the boat. If I select it the structure I am locating will be off by 17 ft. ( the length of the boat) I have had the units for 3 years and have always been able to select head up until this week. COG shows every thing backwards. Very annoying. I suppose I will ave to use course up.  I will change the GPS to the external to see if it then shows head up. Thanks.

whizkids:
I have two identical units on the boat. I changed the bow mount to use the external GPS. It still does not give me head up. When I select head up I still get COG course over ground. The other unit is on the console and it operates properly whether I use the external GPS or it's internal GPS. My remote GPS is a AS GPS HS precision GPS + Compass.

rnvinc:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question as you mention "when I select head up on the Nav tab I get COG"  ...

Where are you actually "getting COG" - but expecting Head Up ..?? In a readout box  ...??

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version