Side Imaging Forums > Onix and Ion Series

onix

(1/4) > >>

danlaboucane:
hello guys new here and reading all i can about onix and 360 and imaging since getting my first large unit: onix 8 ci ct to mainly use with a 360 that i will get later on. someone wrote that onix +360 have some special ways working  together and am curius about that ! and just saw that i could get si/di using sm200-3000 ? is that right ? with apropriate ducer ! are up to 800 possible ?i may use the onix at console too when trolling until i get another big unit when $$ allows .great forum here and will enjoy learning all i can ! thanks guys

rnvinc:
1. ONIX + 360 specifically can do 360 and SI/DI (from the stock SI xducer) at the same time if the SI is set to 800kHz (360 is 455kHz and adding 455kHz Imaging will crosstalk) ...
(Note: core units automatically shut off SI/DI from the stock SI xducer when the 360 is selected) ...

2. SM2000 does 2d digital, and SI/DI analog ...

3. SM3000 does 2d digital CHIRP, and SI/DI analog ...

4. SM3000 and 1 of the higher wattage xducers would be advantageous for deeper 2d depths ...

You should contact Humminbird for specifics on which xducer for your desired results (if you decide to use SM2000 or SM3000) ...

Here is contact info for international  ...

http://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/Main.aspx?id=127

Rickie

danlaboucane:
ok ,what is si/di analog ? since my unit is not si i am trying to figure out if the expense is worth it to add sm2000-3000+ducer,i am not really fishing deep exept for jigging and trolling  lakers and max 350ft in lakes i fish. and with time adding another unit ? onix 10 or helix 10 mega or??? i will see after learning about the onix i have now.

danlaboucane:
ok maybe i was not clear ! sorry.
two different questions ,
1: does SM2000 or SM3000+SI/DI transducer makes a non SI/DI onix  a full 455-800 SI/DI unit?
2:if i understand:with non SI onix i can  use 360 with SI/DI from a SI/DI transducer at the same time ?
sorry just trying to understand a lot of info to use all this tech without buying  accessories i don't need.

rnvinc:
Question 1:
The HB website shows only the SM3000 as compatible with the ONIXci (sonar non-SI ONIX) ...

http://www.humminbird.com/Products/ONIX10ci-Combo/

I would "assume" this adds SI/DI to an ONIX NON-SI unit ... You should definitely call HB to find out for sure. (None of us here at sideimagingsoft.com work for HB and their website is vague on the SM modules)
-----

Question 2:
It is possible to run 360 at the same time as SI from the SI xducer only on ONIX (not HELIX nor numbered series - these models disable the SI xducer when 360 is active - ONIX has a manual shutoff for the SI xducer) ...

455kHz SI/DI will crosstalk with 360 because 360 is 455kHz ...

800kHz SI/DI from the SI xducer and 360 should work at the same time (on ONIX) ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version