Side Imaging Forums > Onix and Ion Series

Problems with Onix 10, Onix 8, 1198

(1/3) > >>

bassleo:
Hello, I’m Leonardo from Italy and I’m writing to you for the problems I’ve encountered with my bass boat 2012 Nitro Z8.

After updating all the tools, resetting the ethernet network and checking the tools one by one, I’ve found the following problems:

- Onix 10 bow: the transducer was mounted on a Motorguide IX5. Every time I push the button to start the electric engine the monitors shows vertical lines, thus this is a clear problem of noise created by the engine.

- Onix 8 side console: it presents the Onix 10’s problem if it is connected to the ethernet network.
Another problem rises with the stern transducer directly connected to Onix8, both with and without ethernet connection. After the first test without ethernet connection, after moving with the engine the transducer shows a depth of 1900 meters, then 3590 meters, then 9540 meters and so on. The only way to make it work properly is to reset the transducer setup; however it works until the next navigation. 
I have the same problems also with the latest Onix software update (Version 2.700) and 1198 (Version 7.670).

The ethernet connection was tested both with switch AS ETH 5PXG and directly between the tools.

You can find attached the pictures of the stern transducer

rnvinc:
1. Trolling motor interference is a common discussion on the forums ...

Read this and follow the steps mentioned ...and then post back if there are still RFI issues ...
http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/Trolling-Motor-Interference/
-----

2. Ethernet connected units can experience RFI thru the Ethernet cable from another affected unit ... hopefully this issue will go away when the RFI issue in point 1 above is remedied ...
-----

3. The erratic depth readings when the engine is engaged is most likely turbulence created by your prop ... Sonar cant read Thru bubbles ...

This sometimes can be remedied by moving the xducer away from the turbulent water ... (your pic of the transom mounted xducer did not post where we can offer advice on placement ... or did you post the pics in a different sub-forum? ...) ...

Rickie

bassleo:
Hello
here are the pictures of the transducers on my boat Nitro Z8

rnvinc:
My guess is still turbulence created by the prop ...

Are the depth readings correct up until a certain speed is reached ... or do depth readings become erratic as soon as the prop is engaged ...??
----

Another observation with the ONIX SI xducer and 1198 SI xducer side by side ... :

Are you getting right SI blockage in the ONIX SI image ...and left SI blockage in the 1198 SI image ... ??

Rickie

rnvinc:
Also ... are any of the remedies for trolling motor RFI in the link I provided working for your interference issues ... ??

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version