Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

My GPS Completely stopped working

(1/2) > >>

lake anna george:
Help all of a sudden my GPS disappeared from my screen. It doesn't even look for it when i boot it up. Any Suggestions.

rnvinc:
Erratic GPS function is sometimes the 1st signs of low or intermittent power supply ...

Battery load tested ... All wiring checked for corrosion including the fuse and fuse holder ...

You can also try Restore Defaults under the Setup tab ...

Rickie

lake anna george:
Ricky, Thanks for your response. The Voltage is good all other functions of the GPS are working to spec. Same battery starts boat and supplies adequate power to all the  other accessories ( lights, radio live well aerator etc. ) I tried the reset to factory spec to no avail. When I power the unit up t does not even recognize the GPS. When I run the diagnostics it says GPS not connected.

rnvinc:
One other thing to try before calling HB ...

Remove any map cards from the unit and Restore Defaults once again ... (Not sure why this sometimes works) ...

If this doesn't help call HB with a possible failing internal GPS ...

1-800-633-1468

Rickie

bobcoy:
What voltage do you have at the unit while it is ON. Needs to be 12 or better to function properly. If my battery is getting low the sonar still works but GPS will drop out. Take the time to use a meter to check your voltage and save yourself time and aggravation. Batteries get weaker with time and connections get corroded. Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version