Side Imaging Forums > 987c SI and 981c SI

GPS receiver

<< < (2/3) > >>

fivealive:
ok. Thanks a lot for your help!

fivealive:
So, I could have found what I was looking for. I found a used GPS receiver at a good price that I think should be a AS GR 16. The point is, I am not sure. The person who sells it says he can't figure out the exact model, he just says that the antenna was included in the package when he bought his new Humminbird 757c combo. So I tried to find some information about the kind of antenna the 757c uses, but the specifications just say :  "GPS Receiver: 16 Channel External GPS WAAS/EGNOS" ( http://www.fishfinder-store.com/humminbird-757c-combo-color.html ). Could it be a As GR 16? and, anyway, will it work on my 981c?
Thanks a lot for your help, again.

rnvinc:
I'm sure it is the AS GR16 fivealive ...

Just to be sure for you ... Give me a day to try to get Greg to pop in long enough to answer your question for sure ...

Thanks for your patience ...

Rickie

Humminbird_Greg:
Hey guys,
I apologize but my regular job duties have kept me from this message board.  I’ve not unburied myself from my backlog but I just had to come up for air and answer some questions!

Yes, all of the GR4 GPS Receiver models will work with the 981c Si units as will the GR16 GPS Receivers.

The way to tell which it is that he is selling is by whether there is a gray gasket between the top and bottom housings and by the printing on the top housing [I included the other GPS Receiver models just in case someone else may need this information to help others]:

GR4/GR4RD GPS Receivers were welded and have no gasket.  They should state “ADVANCED ACCESSORY SYSTEM” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.

The GR16, GR50, GRHA, GRP, and GR-HS all look similar but have different artwork on the top of the housing.  They have a Dark Gray gasket visible between the top and bottom housings.
* GR16 states: “GPS ACCESSORY SYSTEM” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.
* GR50 states: “AS-GR50 GPS MODULE” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.
* GRHA states: “AS-GRHA HIGH ACCURACY GPS” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.
* GRP states: “PRECISION GPS MODULE” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.
* GPS-HS states: “AS-GPS HS PRECISION GPS + COMPASS” under the “HUMMINBIRD”.

fivealive:
Thanks A LOT Greg!
so now I'm quite sure it is a GR 16. I post the pictures. The price is so good, the same as the other guy who sells the GR 4, but the plug on the GR 16 has a little bit of rust on it, because of saltwater application. The GR 4 instead is in great conditions.
For the same price which one would you buy?
Thanks a lot again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version