Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

cloudy on right side 598

<< < (4/4)

Kenai:
OK, I will start looking for some compatible unit to borrow. Hopefully crosstesting will resolve this. Is there some list of compatible units? From user manual, it looks like my 598 is compatibil only with  Xnt 9 Si 180 T.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: Kenai on October 16, 2018, 11:56:57 AM ---OK, I will start looking for some compatible unit to borrow. Hopefully crosstesting will resolve this. Is there some list of compatible units? From user manual, it looks like my 598 is compatibil only with  Xnt 9 Si 180 T.

--- End quote ---

Any HB SideImaging unit other than ONIX SOLIX or ION can be used to test your xducer  ...

The difference between the XNT 9 SI 180 T and the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T is that the XNT 9 SI 180 T is not necessarily tuned to use the 800kHz SI frequency

Rickie

Kenai:
It took a while, but I have an update. 
After one whole season looking for a unit to test on my xducer with no luck, I gave up.  Today,  I lost my patience, and opened the unit back cover, than I interchanged wires from SI on the connector. Everything behaved totally the same. Cloud on right side, regardless of switched cables. So, the  problem is not the xducer, it's the unit.

I also realized, that cloud appears only with sensitivity over 8 out of  20. With sensitivity over 16, it's visible on the left side too. So I finally could name it sensitivity disbalance. The right side is way more sensitive than left. So I can have dark left side or clouded right.

As I know there is no way to balance this by menu and I have no clue how to adjust it by HW tuning. So I probably  need to learn, how to live with it, as is.
 :(

rnvinc:
It sounds like upgrading the unit my be the only option  ...

The 598 is no longer on the repair list  ...
https://www.humminbird.com/support/faqs/RepairFees

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version