Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Helix 10 SI screen unreadable

(1/2) > >>

danj:
Hoping someone can help! My Helix 10 will sometimes completely scrambles the screen, and is unusable. It can happen while in motion, or while sitting idle in calm water. It doesn't matter which view I'm in, navigation, split screen, DI, SI, or any other. It's not interference, as it will happen with no other electronics on, and will also appear sometimes with assecories on. Reset all settings, uploaded new basemap, and loaded latest update. Also installed brand new battery, without any change in the problem. Running Lakemaster chip, and Zeroline card. Tried to reset without cards in, and still no difference.
When it occurs, it will respond to keys, and can turn it off, but all  views are scrambled. It might works for 20 or 30 hours (over a few trips), and then will randomly occur out of no where. Wiggling the connector has no effect, so don't think it's a short. Humminbird has no idea, and it's 6 months out of warranty. Hoping I didn't waste $1699.00. See image of what the screen looks like.

rnvinc:
Do have anyone close that you can crosstest your head unit on their boat  ...??

Rickie

danj:
Unfortunately, no one nearby that I can swap with. Was installed by a dealer, so I assume it was installed correctly. Attached is an image of what it looks like when it acts up.

rnvinc:
You might try selecting "HB 83/200" in the Connected Transducer Menu under the Sonar tab and test on the water  ...

This setting shuts off the imaging transmitters  ... It may tell us something  ...

Rickie

danj:
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried just the HB 83/200 setting on the transducer, and had the same results. Seems like the issue occurs within 10 minutes of starting the unit. Also tried restoring defaults again, but same results. Are you thinking this rules out a defective transducer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version