Our Community > dybvad417

Ju88A5 Serial Number 6113 Crashed In The Sea O fKattegat

(1/3) > >>

dybvad417:
Bingo   ;D

Found a WW2 airplane.

Maybe this one:

21-06-1941  Messerschmitt  Bf 110D serial number 4246.  Ditched in the sea of Kattegat 21/6 1941. 
Plane Never found.

The Bf 110 took of from Aalborg Ost with six more aircrafts and during flight Pilot Feldwebel Schwortländer experienced engine problems and ditched the Bf 110 in the sea of Kattegat.
Only Schwortländer managed to get out of the Bf 110 before it sank. He was rescued by the Swedish fishing vessel “Titania” and later handed over to the Danish fishing vessel S 167 “Lisse Kruse” of Skagen that took him to Skagen.
Wop Obergefreiter Lorenz Maul and Aircraft engineer Unteroffizier Willi Kesting did not get out of the aircraft and went down with it. They have no known graves.

Or this one:   

18-10-1944     Messerschmitt  Bf 109 G-6.   Marked: Weisse 141   316 Sqn Must   Crashed/ Sæby area, Kattegat, South for Asaa Harbour.   Pilot Ltn. Werner Haugh. 
Plane Never found.

The aircraft belonged to 1./ JG 102 and was coded Weisse 141.
T/o Aalborg Ost.  Op: Training.
Instructor Leutnant Werner Haugk was leading a number of students on a training flight when they were attacked by Mustang fighters. The Bf 109 was seen coming from a westerly direction followed by a Mustand when another Mustang approached from south and in co-junction they claimed the Bf 109. It crashed in shallow water about one kilometer south of Aså harbour killing Werner Haugk.
Leutnant Werner Haugk was laid to rest in Frederikshavn cemetery on 21/10

wizzo86:
Great work!!!! When are you going diving? Take a underwater camera along and take pictures for us.

Jolly Roger:
Wow!
That would be my dream come true. Congratulations!

/ Harry

dybvad417:
I DONT DIVE  8)  

I have friends to do that.

Diving report:

If you look at the first picture you can see 3 other objects.

1.  The engine,   6 cyl. up, and maybe 6cyl. in the sand.

2.  Landing wheel.

3.  Landing wheel.

Also some kind of rubber tank for fuel.

Foto's are taken, but i have not got them yet.

IRC Kevin:
This is a great find. Have the divers been able to identify the aircarft type yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version