Author Topic: Look down  (Read 2324 times)

Offline L2Fish

• Unit(s): 997, 757
  • Software: unknown
  • Accessories: GPS
Look down
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »
I am unable to see the downward view from the new upgrade. I do not see it as a selection in my views at all. Yes, the software did register as being loaded into my system...what gives? Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong...how do you view the "directely beneth the boat" image of the sidescan????

Thanks in advance.

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Look down
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:13 AM »
L2Fish,

Welcome to the forum.  Did you restore the defaults before AND after the update?  If not, give that a try.  Hit Menu twice and go to the Views tab and scroll through and see if you see the Down Imaging view there and if they are Visible.

If that doesn't work, you will need to re-install the previous software update, and then perform the Down Imaging update again.

Make sure you follow the directions.  Check out the videos also. http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=14.0

Good Luck and let me know if that helps,

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline alumabass

• Unit(s): 898 SI and 525
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:44 AM »
" Did you restore the defaults before AND after the update?"

I did not see anything about the "after" when I followed your directions in another post:

8. Power on your unit, then place the SD card in the unit.
9. You will get a message on the unit saying SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” is higher than your current “120” software do you want to update, Press Right Cursor to Confirm.
10. Another message will then appear saying do you want to ABORT, press Left Cursor to NO at this time and the software update will begin. DO NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT DURING THIS TIME.

Once the update is complete the unit will restart and say current SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” installed, no update required. It is now safe to remove the SD Card, and power off the unit.

I followed the above directions last night and the install seemed to go fine, but now Iam a little worried that I may be at some sort of risk.

Please advise-Arlo

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:50 AM »
As long as your unit is not completely locked up you are fine!  

Try the restore defaults and see what happens.  Like I said, worst case, you just go back to previous software then do the update again.

Robert

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »
" Did you restore the defaults before AND after the update?"

I did not see anything about the "after" when I followed your directions in another post:

You ae correct that it was not in the instructions.  I corrected this!  This was a recommendation that Greg posted later in the thread, but it was in the video. 

Watch the video guys!  Especially if its your first time doing an update.  This way you will know what to expect.

Arlo, you said your unit took the update, but did it give you a green screen at the end saying "Update Successful" and then automatically restart?

Robert
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:19:14 AM by RGecy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal