Side Imaging Forums > 898c SI

networking 898 to helix g2n

(1/1)

Ranger175vs:
I have a 898 hd si, can it network to helix g2n and share and display sonar data ?  the 898 uses original transducer shipped with unit

I want to only network thses two units and have no plans to use ilink

fshndude:
I am doing the same thing. I have bought a 5' cable to route my Helix 9G2N to the Ethernet box, its a AS EC SE 5  #720073-6 I do believe. Then I have two AS EC QDE 700  #720074-1. Plus the 5 port box  #408450-1. I will be also connecting a Ulterra. The Ulterra came with a very long cable that I am using to connect the console 899 HD to the Ethernet box. I also plan on getting a Helix 7 with no transducer for the T/M as it came with a DI transducer built in. It will be networked into the system.  I hope this helps you out, as I am learning about all of this. With the weather I have had my T/M on the boat for two weeks but not able to get out to get it all set up.  You will find very good manuals on the HB web site.

rnvinc:
You can share Waypoints, accessories, and limited Sonar technologies  ...

Here is the ethernet Chart  ...

https://www.humminbird.com/sites/humminbird_site/files/transducer_support_grid_v10_0.pdf

CHIRP must be shut off the G2N to share any Sonar to core numbered series  ...

Rickie

Ranger175vs:
yes this looks like it will it will do what I want thanks for the part info I am looking to upgrade from my original 570 di

agian thanks fot the info

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version