Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Odd temperature scale on overlay data

(1/2) > >>

Sodaksam:
Hello, I just bought a new Helix 9 Mega SI unit.  I've been watching videos to get it set up.  The overlay data shows the temp in my garage from 1-323 degrees t.  Yes, a lower case t.  If I put the data in the box form, it reads 22 degrees F.  As I scroll through the views about 3/4 of the views show the temp in Fahrenheit.  The others show it in t.  I'd rather not use the boxes as it takes up screen space.  Not a big deal, but anyone have some insight?   Thanks, Sam

rnvinc:
Any Chart view replaces Temp (xx°)  with COG (t°)  ...

COG is beneficial in showing which way the boat is navigating as compared to a 360° circle where  ...:

0/360° is due North
90° is due East
180° is due South
270° is due West

HB programmed the Chart view overlays with COG because it is common for a boater to need to know which way the boat is navigating any time the boater is using a Chart view  ...regardless if the boater can or cannot see landmarks to orient North, East, South, West  ...

Rickie

Sodaksam:
Thanks.  So, am I stuck with this instead of temp on a few of my views?  Thanks for the help

Sodaksam:
The actual temp shows up in the box tho.  Switching to overlay is goes to the ‘t’ units.  Seems like something isn’t quite right.  Can I turn COG off?  I’m not real tech savvy, but this seems odd.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: Sodaksam on December 30, 2018, 11:27:08 PM ---The actual temp shows up in the box tho.  Switching to overlay is goes to the ‘t’ units.  Seems like something isn’t quite right.  Can I turn COG off?  I’m not real tech savvy, but this seems odd.

--- End quote ---

Overlay data cannot be replaced nor individually shut off  ...

COG in overlay is hard coded for any chart view  ...

HB feels if you are looking at a Chart view = you need to see COG  ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version