Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Networking Helix 10 G2N and G1N

(1/2) > >>

sra61:
I couldn't resist the videos on the MEGA G2N Helix, and of course it sold me. I now have the G2N on the dash and the G1N on the mounting board at the back. I haven't had the chance to get on the water yet, but I notice when I did all of the network setup that the G1N says not supported on the side imaging and down imaging views. Does this mean that I need to have both transducers, both the Mega and the HDSI hooked up to have SI and DI on the G1N?

rnvinc:
HELIX generation 1 can only get fixed frequency Sonar from HELIX MEGA  ..

Shut off all 3 CHIRP selections in the "CHIRP Configuration" Menu under the Setup tab  ...

Then 83/200kHz 2d and 455/800kHz imaging should populate in the HELIX g1 networking tab  ...

Rickie

sra61:
Thanks. I think I should read my manual front to back to try and understand the capabilities of this unit.

sra61:
So if I wanted to not have to "Toggle" the Chirp off and on could I mount the old HDSI transducer and run the G1N on it? How far from the Mega transducer would it have to be to prevent interference? I have my Cannon Digi-troll transducer on the other side.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: sra61 on August 31, 2018, 11:22:16 AM ---So if I wanted to not have to "Toggle" the Chirp off and on could I mount the old HDSI transducer and run the G1N on it? How far from the Mega transducer would it have to be to prevent interference? I have my Cannon Digi-troll transducer on the other side.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely you can use the HDSI connected to the g1  ...

There may be crosstalk interference  ... because HB units transmit 200kHz all the time for digital depth  ...

Doesn't hurt to try  ...

You can still share waypoints regardless of CHIRP settings  ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version