Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Helix 10 SI screen unreadable

<< < (2/2)

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: danj on September 15, 2018, 09:04:36 PM ---Thanks for the suggestion. Tried just the HB 83/200 setting on the transducer, and had the same results. Seems like the issue occurs within 10 minutes of starting the unit. Also tried restoring defaults again, but same results. Are you thinking this rules out a defective transducer?

--- End quote ---

I think you should call Humminbird  ...

1-800-633-1468

Rickie

danj:
Yes, I have been in contact with Humminbird, but they have no solution. I've tried all of their suggestions, other than sending the entire unit in for $300, and no guarantee that there's an issue with the unit. They've have been very open about it possibly being electrical. But, I had it installed by the dealer. I'm trying to decide if I should try to replace the transducer myself for $200, or send the whole unit in for $300.

rnvinc:
You might think about bypassing the entire dealer wire circuit  ...

Trace the power wire from the the head unit to the 1st splice (should be 6ft from head unit)  ...and undo the spice  ...

Wire the factory 6ft HB cable direct to a battery sitting temporary at the unit location  ...(still use a fuse on the positive wire)  ... 

Test  ...

Many issues reported thru the electronics forums are narrowed down to that "reputable dealer" that used the factory boat harness wiring (usually too small and/or too many connections to carry adequate power to the unit)  ...

At least this test is free  ... just a little time involved  ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version