Author Topic: Buy Helix 9 now...or wait til spring?  (Read 20909 times)

Offline GBK233

• Unit(s): Humminbird 570
  • Software: no idea
  • Accessories: none
Buy Helix 9 now...or wait til spring?
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »
I've never owned a high end fish finder(currently own a HB 570DI), but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a HB Helix 9 SI GPS. 

Is there likely to be a sale/rebate on the Helix as Spring approaches....or is the $999 price likely to stay the same?

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: Buy Helix 9 now...or wait til spring?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:06:06 PM »
I've never owned a high end fish finder(currently own a HB 570DI), but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a HB Helix 9 SI GPS. 

Is there likely to be a sale/rebate on the Helix as Spring approaches....or is the $999 price likely to stay the same?

Past directions have never shown the current line of products as going "on sale" until a new series is announced (or leaked) ...

As the HELIX 9, 10, and 12 are brand new in 2016 ... The prices should remain stable for a minimum of 2 years ...

Manufacturers have never seen a need to run sales on new series products ...because this industry seems to have customers beating down the doors to get the new stuff ...

If you can find a dealer that is offering free shipping ...that's probably the only discount you could expect to see in your total cost ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:12:09 PM by rnvinc »

Offline joe20toon

• joe20toon
  • Unit(s): Helix 7 SI
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:13:48 PM »
I agree with Rickie. It's unlikely there will be a sale or rebate anytime soon.
New to SI

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
  • Unit(s): 899CI SI HD,1199SI HD, Helix 12 SI GEN3
  • Software: current
  • Accessories: ALL, and a HW ducer for the Helix 12 2D
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 12:11:19 AM »
I disagree....these are NOT normal times as in the past  in the world economy. Competitive pressure from competing units will dictate if prices hold. If Hummingbird is producing   a ton of Helix inventory and dealers aren't writing purchase orders because their inventory dollars are tied up in old stock....you can bet prices will drop. This is the electronics business guys and gals. The name of the game is to sell boxes and that is dictated on how you price as compared to your competition.   Currently, overseas production lines need to keep running and when people aren't buying, prices drop like rocks. The winner is the dealers who got rid of old stock and gets the Helix line on display and inventory to sell. Currently Cabelas hasn't even got the Helix 9, 10 or 12 in all stores I have visited  to display.   Bass Pro has units on display for people to see but no Bass Pro I have been has a Helix 12.  I know  who is in position to sell new marine electronics. I travel travel 8 states in my job. Cabelas's  pricing is not marketing realistic. How can you price the 1199SI with remote  with a 10" screen  at $2299 and have the Helix 10 at 1499? If a manufacturer gets greedy and pops a rebate or cuts a wholesale price to dealers to move boxes effectively taking another manufacturer's  "piece of the pie", prices will drop.  The rest of the manufactures will smell blood and drop prices to get guys to pick their unit and maintain their market share.   

Be patient guys....hold on to your wallet and wait until your favorite unit is  on display at a dealer. Don't spend one dollar unless you can see what your electronics dollar is buying at  a store and NEVER put a deposit down to hold a unit the  dealer doesn't have.    There  is only so much demand at a certain price point and the more expensive a  unit it the more profit is derived. Screen size will dictate price. Everybody has plenty of time to to wait until April-MAY to make these manufacturers sweat bullets while trying to adjust production to demand while moving boxes at the most profitable  price points. Electronics are cheap to produce and screen size is a big expense for any unit as the more units are produced fixed  costs go down  All the rest of the internals are cheap to produce.  I will predict a 1199Si wiil drop to $1000 and as will  XX9 units until they are out of all dealer inventories freeing up inventory dollars but only after a big "credit" on old inventory if a dealer writes a big PO for the Helix models.  BE PATIENT,.....THERE is nothing more disappointing as to buying a unit and 2 weeks to a month later  the price drops or a rebate come out for a couple hundred bucks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:15:22 AM by fishreed »

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »
You are correct that the price has dropped rapidly on the 99 series ..... that is because it has been obsoleted by the Helix models that have set a very low price point that is going to be sending all the other manufacturers scrambling.

The reason there are very few Helix 12's on display is that they have not been rolled out yet.  They will start showing up everywhere after the 2nd week in February.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline bass monkey

• Unit(s): 698ci HD si GPS combo
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 01:20:00 AM »
Get your humminbird at anchor express there 50 to 100 dollors cheaper and no tax  than the big box stores and they ship fast I get 2 talk 2 a live operated never but  from anyone else your welcome

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 02:31:56 AM »
You are right BOB B ....the thing that irks the electronics manufacturers and the retailers  is,  if a guy buys an XX9 unit at a DEEP closeout discount, it effectively takes him out of the equation of buying a new Helix unit. Obsolete is one thing but not being made anymore  is surely another. There are many guys and I'm one of them,  who will  take a deep deep discount on say a 1199SI over a Helix 10. The main thing everyone should understand is buying these new Helix units at mfg's  suggested retail is lunacy. When was the last time anybody here paid "sticker" price for a new vehicle? I refuse to buy at suggested retail.  They need to take a price cut if they want to get into  my wallet! 

Offline Bob B

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
You also don't want to wait for the sales at the big box stores .....There are online dealers that are much more knowledgeable and have better customer service.....and better pricing.

Offline GBK233

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »
When was the last time anybody here paid "sticker" price for a new vehicle? I refuse to buy at suggested retail.  They need to take a price cut if they want to get into  my wallet!

Electronics are a bit different than vehicles.  I doubt that you can go into a dept store and "make an offer" on a television set. 

And of course,  their are plenty of products that are price controlled by the manufacturers.  I work in sales...and have a sell a handful of big ticket items that are required to be sold at the same price at every retailer across the country.

Offline bobcoy

• Unit(s): 1197 & 1198
  • Software: 6.640 & 7.670
  • Accessories: iPilot-Link,GRHA GPS-HS,ETH 5PS
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »
I think Rickie is exactly correct. If you are going to buy before May you will not get a better price between now and then. We don't need to look at the economic future or any other factor to know how things have transpired in the Fish Finder world. If you wait past May there could be a rebate. I think if you are looking at the helix 9 or 10 and go to the site sponsors of most fishing/marine electronics blogs you will get a good price,free shipping and no tax unless the are in your state. Sales do not typically happen till there is some super new feature or the items have not sold as anticipated. Mfrs. don't start to panic till well past May. Bob

Offline Bob B

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
I'm agreeing with Rickie and Bobcoy

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 04:51:37 PM »
electronics are a bit different than vehicles.  I doubt that you can go into a dept store and "make an offer" on a television set. 

And of course,  their are plenty of products that are price controlled by the manufacturers.  I work in sales...and have a sell a handful of big ticket items that are required to be sold at the same price at every retailer across the country.

LMAO....NO THEY ARE NOT!....How do you know? Have you ever negotiated  price of a TV? I just negotiated a lower than marked  price on a LG 55 TV with WIFI  at Best Buy in December. I told the guy if he didn't cut 100 bucks off the price, I was going to buy it online!  BOOM Badda Bing....The price was cut almost instantly and he ate the 6% sales tax.  Those who ask, GET!  Those who don't, pay list price!  I was a a major manufacturer rep for 4 Giant offshore TV firms including Hitachi and JVC.  I know how this game is played. PRICES ARE NOT CONTROLLED BY MFG's!!!!!...."Fair trade" pricing was declared illegal by a Supreme court decision as a restraint of trade back in the 70s. As long as dealers are moving boxes and mfg's  get their wholesale  price s, MFG's really don't give a rip what the dealers retails them at what price!  Right now EVERYBODY is retailing  a Helix 9 @ $999.99 and that is factory list price....plus or minus 10 bucks. BE PATIENT.....Floor planning charges will dictate how long a dealer can sit on unsold inventory too!

Offline GBK233

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »
electronics are a bit different than vehicles.  I doubt that you can go into a dept store and "make an offer" on a television set. 

LMAO....NO THEY ARE NOT!....How do you know? Have you ever negotiated  price of a TV? I just negotiated a lower than marked  price on a LG 55 TV with WIFI  at Best Buy in December. I told the guy if he didn't cut 100 bucks off the price, I was going to buy it online!  BOOM Badda Bing....The price was cut almost instantly and he ate the 6% sales tax.  Those who ask, GET!  Those who don't, pay list price!  I was a a major manufacturer rep for 4 Giant offshore TV firms including Hitachi and JVC.  I know how this game is played. PRICES ARE NOT CONTROLLED BY MFG's!!!!!...."Fair trade" pricing was declared illegal by a Supreme court decision as a restraint of trade back in the 70s. As long as dealers are moving boxes and mfg's  get their wholesale  price s, MFG's really don't give a rip what the dealers retails them at what price!  Right now EVERYBODY is retailing  a Helix 9 @ $999.99 and that is factory list price....plus or minus 10 bucks. BE PATIENT.....Floor planning charges will dictate how long a dealer can sit on unsold inventory too!

BestBuy will def negotiate to beat online prices...that's a different ball of wax though, those TVs aren't price controlled. 

Try negotiating a better price on a Tempurpedic or iComfort mattress....you won't get far. :wink:

I def hope a deal on the Helix 9s will come along, but I'm not holding my breath.

For the sake of argument, if an HB 1199 comes down to the $1200 range....which is the better choice?  The Helix 9 @$100 plus $75 upgrade for the HDSI transducer....or the 1199(that comes with the HDSI) transducer?

Offline Bob B

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
I know a couple of Humminbird dealer ......Humminbird DOES control the MAP and the minimum sale price for their products via contracts with their authorized dealers.

Humminbirds aren't TV's

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »
I know a couple of Humminbird dealer ......Humminbird DOES control the MAP and the minimum sale price for their products via contracts with their authorized dealers.

Humminbirds aren't TV's

What the manufactures can't control Bob is dealers selling sideways. The chance of any mfg auditing  your retails sales is slim to None! There is so much double dealing and backdoor deals, you will go crazy trying to figure out who is selling to who for how much. By the time you figure out who is "dumping" the rules go out the window with your profit margin. Hummingbird isn't going to track who sold what for how  much! I rep'ed for RCA when the 18 inch satellite dish came out and there was so many unauthorized sales taking place , it would take a NASA computer to figure out where all the product went and to whom for how much.  The electronics business is a street  "hookers" game and the guy  who gets the most money is the guy who sells the most boxes. One thing I learned is there are no rules, ethics or morals  in the electronics business at any level!  If you waste your time pointing  fingers and being a PITA cry baby to the manufacturer because   some clown is selling cheap, the business will gobble you like a turkey on Thanksgiving. I never had time for any dealer who complained about another guy beating his retail price. I always told them, "Quit wasting my time complaining when you could be out there selling"!  IT is just the way the electronics business is run and if anybody tell you different they are LYING!  To answer the  guy's  question if the 1199 SI came down to 1200 range would it be a better deal than the Helix 9 at 999?  It sure would!!!.....you get a 10.4 screen and a unit that sold for over $2000 at its peak.....the Helix 9 is a great unit but the highest price it will ever get is $999. It's price has one way to go and that is DOWN!  In 2 months I will buy a 1199SI and it will be close to $1000, I guarantee it.

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
BestBuy will def negotiate to beat online prices...that's a different ball of wax though, those TVs aren't price controlled. 

Try negotiating a better price on a Tempurpedic or iComfort mattress....you won't get far. :wink:

I def hope a deal on the Helix 9s will come along, but I'm not holding my breath.

For the sake of argument, if an HB 1199 comes down to the $1200 range....which is the better choice?  The Helix 9 @$100 plus $75 upgrade for the HDSI transducer....or the 1199(that comes with the HDSI) transducer?

I will also advise you against buying the 800mgz HDSI transducer. I have the compact 455 AND the HDSI 800. the extra 200 dollars I spent was not worth it. I could barely tell the difference between the two transducers other than the HDSI  800mgz with the 455 seemed to be a slight bit clearer than the same 455 on the compact SI transducer that came with my 899SI. The 1199SI comes standard with the HDSI  800mgz anyway as the Helix 9 does NOT!

Offline GBK233

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »
To answer the  guy's  question if the 1199 SI came down to 1200 range would it be a better deal than the Helix 9 at 999?  It sure would!!!.....you get a 10.4 screen and a unit that sold for over $2000 at its peak.....the Helix 9 is a great unit but the highest price it will ever get is $999. It's price has one way to go and that is DOWN!  In 2 months I will buy a 1199SI and it will be close to $1000, I guarantee it.

What features does the 1199 have(aside from larger screen) that the Helix 9 doesn't?  Can you change the size of the data boxes on the 1199?

Fishreed:  If what I've read is true...the 800mgz transducer would only cost me $75 using HB's trade-in program.  Is the 800mhz worth paying $75?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:21:00 PM by GBK233 »

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 11:40:24 PM »
I'm confused now ...

Is this thread about "If the price of the xx9 series will come down more" ...??

Or ..."If the price of the brand new HELIX line will be offered on sale" ... ??

That's 2 completely different discussions with 2 completely different marketing directions ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:42:47 PM by rnvinc »

Offline GBK233

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 12:01:47 AM »
I'm confused now ...

Is this thread about "If the price of the xx9 series will come down more" ...??

Or ..."If the price of the brand new HELIX line will be offered on sale" ... ??

That's 2 completely different discussions with 2 completely different marketing directions ...

Rickie

They are 2 different questions, but very related to my purchasing decision. Both topics seem to point to waiting a month or two...before making a decision/purchase.

Offline Bob B

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:09 AM »
If you wait a couple of months, your decision may be made for you ...... The 1199's are no longer in production and when they are sold out of dealer stock, your only option would be to buy a used one.

Offline GBK233

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 12:19:04 AM »
If you wait a couple of months, your decision may be made for you ...... The 1199's are no longer in production and when they are sold out of dealer stock, your only option would be to buy a used one.

Very true. 

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for 1199s on clearance.  If that doesn't pan out...I'm sure I'll be happy if I end up with a Helix 9.

And of course, to make my fishfinder decision even harder....I'm heavily leaning toward buying a Motorguide XI5(instead of MK Terrova), so I'll end up having to forgo linking the TM with the fishfinder. 

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 03:30:22 AM »

There so many unsold 1199s units in the pipeline, it will take a year or more to clear them out. Just look at all the 1198s  there were in the pipeline and to date there are still some brand new ones for sale floating around on eBay. 

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 04:03:16 AM »
Very true. 

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for 1199s on clearance.  If that doesn't pan out...I'm sure I'll be happy if I end up with a Helix 9.

And of course, to make my fishfinder decision even harder....I'm heavily leaning toward buying a Motorguide XI5(instead of MK Terrova), so I'll end up having to forgo linking the TM with the fishfinder.

LMAO...Let the price cutting begin Guys:

I just saw a new Helix 9 sell with  free freight on EBAY for a Buy it now price of $883.20.....REPORT HIM TO HUMMINGBIRD FOR VIOLATION OF ILLEGAL  PRICE DROPPING!

Offline Ohio Archer

• Unit(s): Helix 7 SI GPS, 999ci HD SI
  • Accessories: i-pilot Link
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
I opted for the 999 at $899 last month.  Got the Helix 7 SI GPS for under $600 a bit earlier.   I'm good with that.

But then Jet.com had the Helix 9 SI GPS (several guys on BBC bought them) for under $800 two weeks ago.  Sold them out very quickly. 

So, if you want a Helix 9 check all the discount internet sites as well as the local stores.  There are deals to be had if you look for them.

Offline GBK233

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »

LMAO...Let the price cutting begin Guys:

I just saw a new Helix 9 sell with  free freight on EBAY for a Buy it now price of $883.20.....REPORT HIM TO HUMMINGBIRD FOR VIOLATION OF ILLEGAL  PRICE DROPPING!

Good to hear that deals are starting to pop up.

Although my fishfinder options(including brand) have kind of gone sideways because of my decision to go with a MG Xi5 instead of a MK Terrova.  Now I'm not limited to HB...but I'm still heavily leaning toward the Helix 9.

I started looking at the Lowrance HDS models(to link with the Xi5), but to get a 9" screen...I'd be looking at an older HDS-9 Gen2 with a HUGE LSS-2 transducer(and a $1299 price tag).  Plus I'd have to spend $150 for TM transducer mount. :(   Def a deal breaker for me.

Raymarine and Garmin are also on my radar, but I don't know yet if they are/would be a better value than the HBs.

At this point, I'm just looking for the best fishfinder I can get for $1500 or less.  Def has to have SI/DI and GPS.  Being Wifi capable would be a huge plus.

Update:  The ebay listing for $883 is for the DI version NOT the SI/DI.  I need SI.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:14:51 PM by GBK233 »

Offline jabsy

• Unit(s): 898si, 859di
  • Software: 7.20
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
Although my fishfinder options(including brand) have kind of gone sideways because of my decision to go with a MG Xi5 instead of a MK Terrova.  Now I'm not limited to HB...but I'm still heavily leaning toward the Helix 9.

I started looking at the Lowrance HDS models(to link with the Xi5), but to get a 9" screen...I'd be looking at an older HDS-9 Gen2 with a HUGE LSS-2 transducer(and a $1299 price tag).  Plus I'd have to spend $150 for TM transducer mount. :(   Def a deal breaker for me.

But by going Lowrance you will get NMEA2000 built into the unit. Its an "extra" with HB. What you will lose is the Autocharting feature
Born to fish, forced to work

Offline Gimp

• Unit(s): 998 HD SI
  • Accessories: i-Pilot Link
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
I like my Bird but third party mapping is soooo much better with a Lowrance.

Offline GBK233

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 06:07:40 PM »
But by going Lowrance you will get NMEA2000 built into the unit. Its an "extra" with HB. What you will lose is the Autocharting feature

I don't know what NME2000 is...let alone whether I would need/use it.  Autocharting is another feature that I'm not sure I would use either.   

I'm sure I'll be fine without linking to trolling motor, but wifi would be awesome.  Being able to stream to tablet/phone would be of more value to me than the linking. 

Offline jabsy

• Unit(s): 898si, 859di
  • Software: 7.20
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »
NMEA2000 lets you hook your engine to the sounder and get revs, warnings etc, but best of all it gives fuel flow.
Born to fish, forced to work

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »
Good to hear that deals are starting to pop up.

Raymarine and Garmin are also on my radar, but I don't know yet if they are/would be a better value than the HBs.

At this point, I'm just looking for the best fishfinder I can get for $1500 or less.  Def has to have SI/DI and GPS.  Being Wifi capable would be a huge plus.

Update:  The ebay listing for $883 is for the DI version NOT the SI/DI.  I need SI.

Look at the Helix 10!  If I cant find a closeout on the 1199SI , I will find  a deal at less than 1499 on the Helix 10!

Offline navionic

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:16 PM »
I opted for the 999 at $899 last month.  Got the Helix 7 SI GPS for under $600 a bit earlier.   I'm good with that.

But then Jet.com had the Helix 9 SI GPS (several guys on BBC bought them) for under $800 two weeks ago.  Sold them out very quickly. 

So, if you want a Helix 9 check all the discount internet sites as well as the local stores.  There are deals to be had if you look for them.
not Helix 9 SI GPS   and the other model  Helix 9 DI GPS - $804.41

Offline GBK233

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 01:58:07 AM »

Look at the Helix 10!  If I cant find a closeout on the 1199SI , I will find  a deal at less than 1499 on the Helix 10!

I got quoted $919 for the Helix 9 (or $1399 for the 10) from an online marine site.  Not sure if those prices are regularly offered...or if they were a package discount because I want a Motorguide Xi5 also.

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 11:46:49 PM »
Let the dumping begin...just saw a new 999ci SI for $899 with free freight on Ebay. It will go lower before too long!

Offline Ohio Archer

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »
Cabelas had them for $899 in December (in-store only deal). Picked one up to go with a Helix 7 I got earlier.

Offline bobcoy

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 09:49:12 AM »
Let the dumping begin...just saw a new 999ci SI for $899 with free freight on Ebay. It will go lower before too long!
If you are going with motorguide why buy HB. If it won't interface with the FF it loses half the functionality. Go one way or the other. Personally I like the Minn Kota ipilot link, HB FF with any Lakemaster HD map. Bob
Note: wanted to quote GBK
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:35:54 AM by bobcoy »

Offline GBK233

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
If you are going with motorguide why buy HB. If it won't interface with the FF it loses half the functionality. Go one way or the other. Personally I like the Minn Kota ipilot link, HB FF with any Lakemaster HD map. Bob

Lowrance didn't have anything I liked with the screen size I wanted(within my budget).  Would've had to go with something like an HDS-9 Gen2, which is an older model and more money than a Helix 9.

Offline bobcoy

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 09:23:30 PM »
Understand but I would then recommend the ipilot link. I has seem some people thing the Motorguide's spot lock is better but that is the only thing better if you have a Humminbird. Personally I think Minn Kotas spotlock if fine but it is not what I use most anyway. Just wanted to help you make the best decision for you. Bob

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 02:06:27 PM »

Just saw a HB 1199 SI brand new in a box go for $1399 on ebay......I wasn't quick enough so I will just play this money waiting game. I will bet anybody by May I can get a Helix 12 with Chirp for less than $2000 or a Helix 10 for less than $1499   We will see guys!

Offline Ohio Archer

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2016, 01:47:41 PM »
Jet.com has a Helix 9 SI GPS KVD for $999. As of 1:47 pm.

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
Jet.com has a Helix 9 SI GPS KVD for $999. As of 1:47 pm.

$999.99 is mfg suggested retail, that isn't any deal. There is 5 hours left on a NEW 1199 SI on ebay that is @1109!!!! Now that is a REAL DEAL! !

Offline curt66973

• Unit(s): Helix 9 SI/GPS
  • Software: 4.5.1
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »
I would say buy it now it is worth it! I got one about a month ago and love all the features

Offline Rpadar

• Unit(s): 1198HD si Helix 10, helix 9, helix 10
  • Software: Always the newest
  • Accessories: Ethernet box, 360, I pilot link
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »
I've done a lot of shopping for years on Humminbird graphs. Prices generally don't change till a new model comes out.   This whole thread is about someone hoping a 9 will go on sale in spring or later on. Chances are slim. Haven't seen it yet, in my area helix 9-12 are flying off the shelves.  I bought 3 myself.   The chance of someone blowing these out are slim. I can see 10 percent off retail.  I always receive 10percent off the list on  all humminbird stuff. But really what's 100 bucks.  I'd rather have the graph earlier and use it. Than wait a season or half a season to save 100 bucks.  But more likely wait half a season to nt save anything.  Which is what may happen. 

Offline Bob B

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
And.....If you look around, spring is here already, so now it would be wait til summer or fall.

Offline Rpadar

• Unit(s): 1198HD si Helix 10, helix 9, helix 10
  • Software: Always the newest
  • Accessories: Ethernet box, 360, I pilot link
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
Exactly.  And I don't see any deals coming anytime soon.  As per past practice.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo