Side Imaging Forums > 797c SI

1.6 Feet?

(1/2) > >>

jazz4627:
So I recently bought a bigger boat and it came with the 2 797's. The in dash one will work for a short bit then just start displaying the depth as 1.6 feet and at that point nothing else seems to be working right. I am guessing I need a new transducer but I will be dammed if I can find anywhere on the web what the exact one I need is. Any help would be appreciated.

newkid4si:
Here's a link to the unit specs. Scroll down.  Looks like it's the..... Transducer Standard:XNT 9 SI 180 T

http://www.humminbird.com/Products/797c2-SI-Combo/

Mike

mako9man2:

--- Quote from: jazz4627 on June 07, 2015, 03:47:04 PM ---So I recently bought a bigger boat and it came with the 2 797's. The in dash one will work for a short bit then just start displaying the depth as 1.6 feet and at that point nothing else seems to be working right. I am guessing I need a new transducer but I will be dammed if I can find anywhere on the web what the exact one I need is. Any help would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---

This may have nothing to do with your problem but on a recent outing my 999 suddenly began reading 1.6 ft depth when I got on plane.  It seemed fine at trolling speeds. I have two transducers, the HDSI transducer for DI/SI and a second for 2D sonar and temp.  The 2D provides the depth reading and the transducer is transom mounted.  I had apparently hit some floating debris and it popped it out of the bracket.  I discovered the problem when I got home, . snapped it back in place and it has been fine ever since

jazz4627:
TY all. I did look at transducer and it seems to be sitting correctly.

rnvinc:
Is there a "shoot thru" xducer in this setup with the AS SIDB Y cable ...??

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version