Author Topic: si transducers install  (Read 5207 times)

Offline ljbev

• Unit(s): 1199ci hd si
  • Software: 7.02
si transducers install
« on: June 20, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »
Hi all

Just installed my new 1199 w side imaging transducer.  I have a deep v baoat with a merc I/O.

It said not to install the transducer within 15 inches of the prop' so I put is as low as possible without getting 15 inches from the out drive....but the signal is blocked on the left by the out drive and its at the lowest point f adjustment...so here's my questions
1. Does it mean 15 inches from the prop itself ..or the path of the prop, in which case I could mount closer to the drive...since the prop is further from the transom
 2. If its inline with the drive is it a problem
3. Is there a stick on inside the boat transducer for speed and sonar jae comparable because I also loose signal at higher speeds and if so how does the unit know which transducer to use ?
Thanks

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: si transducers install
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
The 15" distance is to keep the xducer from causing turbulence in front of the prop...which could cause your prop to "spin out" ...which could cause potential damage to your motor and outdrive...

If you are unable to mount the HDSI low enough to eliminate left SI blockage...you have the option of using a 2nd HDSI xducer on the opposite side of the outdrive...

You will need the AS SILR Y cable for a dual HDSI setup...which disconnects the left SI piezo in the starboard HDSI xducer and instead wires in the left SI piezo of the port HDSI xducer...(the unit will still "see" this setup as a "single HDSI xducer" ...because the AS SILR Y cable is merely a cable spitter...)
------------------------

If you are also having difficulty getting high speed 2d depth readings from the the HDSI xducer ...you also have the option of installing a XNT 9 20 Dual Beam xducer epoxied in the bilge...

You would also need the AS SIDB Y cable for this setup...which disconnects the 2d piezo in the HDSI xducer and instead wires in the 2d piezo of the bilge installed XNT 9 20....(the unit will still "see" this setup as a "single HDSI xducer"...because the AS SIDB Y cable is merely a cable splitter)...

So to set this all up you would ....:

*Plug the starboard HDSI xducer into the "starboard leg" of the AS SILR Y cable ....
*Plug the port HDSI xducer into the "port leg" of the AS SILR Y cable...
*Plug the AS SILR Y cable into the "HDSI leg" of the AS SIDB Y cable ...
*Plug the bilge mounted XNT 9 20 Dual Beam xducer into the "Dual Beam leg" of the AS SIDB Y cable....
*Plug the AS SIDB Y cable into the back of the head unit....
*Set the "Transducer Select" menu to "Hi Def SideScan"....

The unit will "see" this entire setup as 1 single HDSI xducer without any settings changes....

Follow the instructions at the link below to test and install a shoot thru hull XNT 9 20 Dual Beam xducer for high speed depth readings...(start at post#2 in the thread at that link)...

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/172972-installation-networking-information-resource.html

Rickie

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:01:12 PM by rnvinc »

Offline ljbev

• Unit(s): 1199ci hd si
  • Software: 7.02
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
thanks for the great reply....Really not sure i want 3 transducers on the boat...after looking through alot of videos and other posts...im still not sure if i can mount the transducer inline with the outdrive...although it doesnt seem like a good idea, irt seems like others have been doing it...not sure if im missing something. also i plan on doing a little more troubleshooting as far as angele of the tranducer to see if i can resolve the reading loss while at speed..

.thanks agian

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »
I would use an XP-9-20 transducer if you go with an inside-the-hull transducer for better high-speed depth readings but otherwise agree with Rickie.  Post back with some pictures of the transom area of your boat if you still have questions but I think this is the way it sounds like you will have to rig it all up.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:56:56 AM »
I would use an XP-9-20 transducer if you go with an inside-the-hull transducer for better high-speed depth readings but otherwise agree with Rickie.  Post back with some pictures of the transom area of your boat if you still have questions but I think this is the way it sounds like you will have to rig it all up.

Thanks for catching that Greg....

Getting my HB numbers mixed up again...

Rickie

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
No problem Rickie.  we all have to watch each other; too many numbers and letters - not enough active brain cells to keep them all straight!   ;D
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo