Other Humminbird Products > Accessories

helix networked 998 for cannonlink

(1/1)

blasir:
Hello.
I have a question I recently bought a helix 9si gn2. I'm very disappointed because i discovered cannonlink is not supported anymore by the new hb series and I still have in my garage 2 canno mag 20 tournament with cannonlink module and a 998si from my previous boat. I would like to use the cannonlink in the new boat but I dont wanna install another xducer. My question is....

Can I use my helix connected with its own ducer to send depth data to a networked 998  and  use this 998 monitor as cannonlink controller to manage my downriggers?

Regards
Raoul

rnvinc:
HELIX G2N can network fixed frequency SI and 2d to 998 when CHIRP is shut off the HELIX G2N (in the CHIRP Configuration Menu under the Setup tab)  ...
https://www.humminbird.com/sites/humminbird_site/files/transducer_support_grid_v10_0.pdf

I have no info on CannonLink  ... You might call HB with that question  ...

1-800-633-1468

Rickie

Mark Saikaley:

--- Quote from: rnvinc on December 17, 2018, 07:24:37 AM ---HELIX G2N can network fixed frequency SI and 2d to 998 when CHIRP is shut off the HELIX G2N (in the CHIRP Configuration Menu under the Setup tab)  ...
https://www.humminbird.com/sites/humminbird_site/files/transducer_support_grid_v10_0.pdf

I have no info on CannonLink  ... You might call HB with that question  ...

1-800-633-1468

Rickie

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: blasir on December 16, 2018, 07:42:33 PM ---Hello.
I have a question I recently bought a helix 9si gn2. I'm very disappointed because i discovered cannonlink is not supported anymore by the new hb series and I still have in my garage 2 canno mag 20 tournament with cannonlink module and a 998si from my previous boat. I would like to use the cannonlink in the new boat but I dont wanna install another xducer. My question is....

Can I use my helix connected with its own ducer to send depth data to a networked 998  and  use this 998 monitor as cannonlink controller to manage my downriggers?

Regards
Raoul

--- End quote ---

I would imagine that would work. I have a similar issue but have canonlink via my 997 which I cant network.  I have both transducers installed and my Helix 10 G2N ans 997 SI running, but they cant run simultaneously since the 997 transducers interefers with the Helix

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version