Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2699 times)

Offline OutHookin

• Unit(s): 797c2 SI
Hello everyone
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »
I'm new to the forum but have had my 797si for a little over 2 years. I just found out that I needed to register my unit last week, so I did that and today I downloaded the new software program for it.
I've had a lot of questions how to setup for the type of fishing we do. Everyone I talked to was shrugging shoulders. So its been a learning experience while we fish. I still know I don't have them set right. LOL.

My Navionics chip wont download any of my waypoints on to the computer, what am i doing wrong?

I've read on here that u have to change the coordinates from Lowrance to HB. Even if I buy the chart maps, do I still need to do this?
I also get coordinates from friends that mark areas with their Lowrance.
We do bottom fishing, trout and trolling in Saltwater out of St.Marys,Ga. I have a blue Navionics chip, not sure which one I have or need. Anywhere from 30-600ft or more at times. What do I need for the settings while targeting bottom or while trolling?
Sorry for all the questions, but this is like Christmas to me since seeing the forum. Any and all info you can give me will greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Danny

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
Danny,

First, welcome to the forum.  I am sure we gan get you going in the right direction.

It sounds like you may have a few things going on.  You said you have a Navionics Card, but it would not download your waypoints to the computer.  Are you trying to copy waypoints from a Lowrance Unit to the Humminbird PC software and then to your Humminbird Unit?  Or are you saying that you cant get waypoints you have created on your Humminbird Unit onto the computer?

You should not use the Navionics Card to save waypoints.  You will need a seperate SD card and will have to Export All NAV Data on the Humminbird Unit.  This will save all the information to the SD card and then you can import them into Humminbird PC.

If you are trying to copy Lowrance Waypoints to the Humminbird Unit, you will again need an SD card.  Save the Waypoint Data from the Lowrance unit to the SD card.  Then you can import the Lowrance file into Humminbird PC and convert them to Humminbird format.

There are several tutorials here on the forum on how to do this. Here is a quick video done by Eddie Kendrik with Humminbird.

HumminBird How to Convert Lowrance Waypoints to Humminbird

Try this out and I will try to do a post on settings in a few.

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »
Once you get the information over make sure you are using the same datam as the copied system.  Most likely it will be the same (WGS84) However some system use the NADS27 or another.

The data will copy and move to the new unit but the actual projected position may not be exact.

The "datum" base is important for merging positions.  See your manual on datums and the selection.  You must be in advanced mode to do this. 

Chuck

Offline OutHookin

• Unit(s): 797c2 SI
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
I bought the Navionics chip when I bought the unit new for my HB. But for the friends numbers ill be using this method. I appreciate the info. Now, any ideas on settings? LOL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal