Author Topic: waterdepth  (Read 2628 times)

Offline littleman

• Unit(s): 798ci si combo nvb
  • Software: nvb
  • Accessories: none
waterdepth
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
i have a 798  ci si with maps have been very disappointed with it haven't see a fish yet , and the depth of the water jumps from one figure to another   and does not read with any boat speed. if in shallow water it does not work worth a dam ,i have a 200 dollar  one on the front that's works better. the maps work good but that's all. the side image is a joke and i challenge any one to show me a fish. you might think its a fish but your just fooling your self,my friends laugh at this thing its a joke for what it cost .  i hate to buy somthing thats not what they say it is .sure wish it worked good.

Offline soretoe

Re: waterdepth
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »
We need pios of what you are seeing

It also sounds like your transducer might be mounted too high. You might try resetting back to default settings and see what you get. But we need pics of what you are seeing.\ in order to help you.
Freedom isnt free, if you want to know the real cost visit a national cemetery or VA Hospital.

I can also be found at;
http://allatoonabass.proboards.com/

Offline RzorbackAngler

• Unit(s): 788 CI, 898c SI
  • Software: 5.4, 5.5
  • Accessories: Interlink
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
I agree with soretoe.  I just mounted a 898 si at my console and I have seen all kinds of fish.  Last weekend, I was in an area that I fish often on my home lake and found a tree that was loaded with crappie.  I saw the tree and the school of crappie on my si unit.  I never knew the tree was there.

Wayne P.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
littleman, look at the screen shots posted by Doug Vahrenberg on the Bass Boat Central web site dated 1:28 PM  1/27/2010.
They are in the screen shots thread in the Humminbird section of the forum.
You want to see fish, there are lots of them.

Offline benamen

• Unit(s): 997C SI
  • Software: 4.75
  • Accessories: none
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
Hi Wayne P.

Got a link to the site you mentioned? I looked and could not find the pics you spoke about. I am quite new at this game also, so want to see other's examples so I know what to look for on my recordings.

Thanks,

Ben

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:10 AM »
Ben,

There are quite a few images of fish here on the site in the Image Gallery and in forum under General Screen Captures. 

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=2

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=386.0

As for the losing depth at speed, I would have to see your installation, but sounds like it needs to be deeper in the water.  Basically, the transducer is getting air passing under it. 

The setup is very critical in getting these units to work at their best.  The technology itself, basically is side scan sonar, and is very sensitive.  The 2d depth issue is a known Humminbird "Software" problem and they have a new software release that is out, it is just not on the site yet.  I am not sure how good it is, but its supposed to help with the issue.

Good Luck,

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal