Author Topic: Helix 5 not saving Autochart file  (Read 8096 times)

Offline nwkramer

• Unit(s): Helix 5 SI GPS
Helix 5 not saving Autochart file
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
I've been using Autochart with my Helix 5 for a while now saving all my mapping on a different SD card. I wanted to use one of my maps so i saved the finished map to the zero lines card and loaded it into my unit and it worked fine. Then i wanted to map a different lake so i threw the other chip back in and started putting around, got home and there was no autochart file but the sonar files are there for humviewer. Just not the file with the little autochart icon next to it. I've probably gone through the unit menu  10 times and unless i've glossed over something each time I can't figure out how to get it to write the autochart file. I used to like to think i knew what i was doing but i guess not anymore...   Any help would be great.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: Helix 5 not saving Autochart file
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:40 PM »
I've been using Autochart with my Helix 5 for a while now saving all my mapping on a different SD card. I wanted to use one of my maps so i saved the finished map to the zero lines card and loaded it into my unit and it worked fine. Then i wanted to map a different lake so i threw the other chip back in and started putting around, got home and there was no autochart file but the sonar files are there for humviewer. Just not the file with the little autochart icon next to it. I've probably gone through the unit menu  10 times and unless i've glossed over something each time I can't figure out how to get it to write the autochart file. I used to like to think i knew what i was doing but i guess not anymore...   Any help would be great.

You say you "wanted to map a different lake, so you threw the other chip back in" ...

If this "other chip" is a regular SD Card (not a Zero Lines card) ... There will be no AutoChart data on a regular SD Card ...only a "Profile" document, a "Snapshot" folder if you've taken any screenshots, and a "RECORD" folder if you taken any recordings ...

Rickie

Offline nwkramer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:31:59 PM »
I was recording everything on the other sd card but then saved a created map to the zero lines card. Then when I went back to other sd card to record more but when I plug it in to the computer there is no autochart file.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding ...

The Zero Line card will be the only card that can have anything associated with an AutoChart moniker file on it ...

The custom mapping is not loaded into the unit memory ...When you remove the Zero Line card from the unit - the custom map data is no longer available on the unit ...

The regular SD Card can only save HB recordings (to be used in AutoChart PC) ...the recordings are then imported into the AutoChart PC program for rendering into map data ...

Once the map data has been created in AutoChart PC - the custom map data is then loaded onto the Zero Line card ...which will create the AutoChart files on the Zero Line card ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:21:55 AM by rnvinc »

Offline CamoHunter

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 788ci HD, 788ci HD
  • Accessories: AutoChart Pro, Terrova 80 - iPilot Link
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
Are you talking about the .acd files?  When you import a Humminbird track into Autochart, it creates an .acd file of your track.

Lets say you import 000.ht Humminbird Track into AutoChart.  AutoChart then basically just creates a 000.acd autochart file.  You then edit and manipulate that 000.acd autochart track, and create maps from the .acd files. 

If you import an .ht track file, it creates the .acd file in the same location as your .ht track file.  In other words, if you didn't copy your .ht files onto your computer from you sd card, before importing them into Autochart, it created those .acd files on your sd card.

Import your sonar (.dat) or track (.ht) file into AutoChart, and you should see an .acd AutoChart file appear on your card. 

I think that's what you're looking for anyways?

Offline nwkramer

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 09:42:21 AM »
Thank you, I figured it out a few nights ago. It had just been awhile since I had messed with it and I guess it was my brain not working instead of my unit...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo