Author Topic: Humminbird PC - FAQ - Where do I find and download the program?  (Read 36773 times)

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
Where do I find and download the Humminbird PC program?

Humminbird PC is a dedicated software distributed solely by and for Humminbird products.  You can find the Humminbird PC download by registering your unit at Humminbird.com. Go to SUPPORT - PRODUCT REGISTRATION.  You will need your serial number off your unit and of course an email address.  Once registered, you can login to your account by going to SUPPORT - MY ACCOUNT.  The login will be on the right hand side of the screen.  Enter your email address/user id and password.

Once you are logged in you should see a page like below that shows your Unit Info, Serial #, Latest Firware Update, Humminbird PC, and Son2XTF. If you have multiple units, they will all be displayed. Click on the Humminbird PC link.  It will open a box that has a BEGIN DOWNLOAD button in the bottom right.  Click the button and a box will pop up asking to RUN or SAVE.  Click RUN and the installation process will automatically start.

You can also download Humminbird PC in the Software Download section of this forum.  You will need to be registered and logged in to download files.

Humminbird PC Download - Current and Previous Versions

Good Luck

RGecy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:27:07 AM by RGecy »
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline birdsimp78

• Unit(s): 998 si
Re: Humminbird PC - FAQ - Where do I find and download the program?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
this is going to sound bad but here goes.  I have a 998 si registered it and downloaded the program.  Whats it for???  Can u watch recorded data from your unit.  I don't now here im lost!!

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
Basically HumminbirdPC is used for setting a personal message on your unit’s start up screen and for managing waypoints, tracks and routes.

For watching recorded data from your unit on the computer; look in the 3rd Party Software section of this web site.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline bassn1

• Unit(s): 788CI HD DI
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
Very New to this type of electroncs. Also my brain computes a bit differently than most of you who are on this site. I have been reading your posts sporadically for a couple of months now in hopes I would begin to comprehend the tips which are shared here. I have failed miserably. So now I am planning to start asking questions of you all. I apologize in advance if they seem elementary and common sense questions. But, like I stated before, when it comes to electronics, I have not even completed 2+2. I am not looking to be an expert. I do wish to learn the basics of my unit.

OK here goes, I have a 788ciHDDI.
Question: Do I need to download HB PC from the computer to the unit? How do I do this.

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
there is no dumb question.
This is what this forum is all about..Sharing information..

No you do not need to load HBPC to your unit.
In fact:
HB PC is a computer program

Chuck

Offline codhunter

• Unit(s): 798ci SI COMBO
  • Software: 4.780
  • Accessories: NO OTHER
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 03:07:27 AM »
I have downloaded Humminbird PC to my computer and don't understand what to do next if I want to edit waypoints and view recordings. I know that files have to be converted to different computer languages for me to do this. Could someone please explain in plain language, step by step  how to convert and then edit and view the information on the SD card or Humminbird unit, in my case the798cxSI unit.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 02:08:04 PM »
codhunter,
The HumminbirdPC program cannot be used for viewing sonar recordings.  You will have to get another program to be able to do that on your computer.  As for editing waypoints you first need to Export them to a SD or SDHC memory card.  Assuming that you are running one of the newer versions of software in your 798cX Si unit:

Go to the Nav menu tab and open the “Waypoints, Routes, Tracks” menu.
Select Options.
Select “Select All and…”.
Select “Export”.
You will than get a confirmation message which you should answer “Yes” to (use Right Arrow).

[Note: if you are planning on changing some of this Nav Data information (waypoints) and then putting it back into your Humminbird unit, you need to also perform a “Delete” function which is found under the same menu structure.  If you do not do this you can end up with duplicate waypoints that may have the same name but different coordinates or the same coordinates and different names.]

Once the waypoints are on the memory card; start up HumminbirdPC and install the memory card into your computer.  You should see a memory card icon show up on the upper left side of the HumminbirdPC window with three arrows below it.
Select the middle blue colored downwards pointing arrow.  You should see a file name show up that will be something like “SD_130109a.gpx” which is a date coded gpx file. 
Select the small “+” sign next to this file name and the file will open it up.
Select “Waypoints” and you will see your waypoint data.

I don’t know what information you want to edit for your waypoints but you basically select the data and enter the changes.  There are limitations on waypoint naming but those should get caught by the HumminbirdPC software later on.

Once all the changes are made you will need to select the gpx file name.
Select the Green upwards pointing arrow under the memory card icon (the one on the far left side).
You will have a message that pops up and asks you to choose to update this information on the memory card.  Select “Replace” and then select “Yes” to the next question.
Your Nav data is now copied and converted (the HumminbirdPC program automatically converts the data from and back to the memory card) to the memory card.
Power your unit up and once it is running; install the memory card into your unit and the waypoints should get loaded back into your unit.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo