Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Helix Series Units / Re: Networking problems
« Last post by tundra on Yesterday at 07:22:13 PM »
I don't have another long enough cable to try, but when I had my 898 connected also which I use just 2d off the mega only, that 2d screen would be blank also. I messaged Humminbird and they want me to restore defaults. I will try that next.
Helix Series Units / Re: Networking problems
« Last post by rnvinc on Yesterday at 06:47:30 PM »
Can you try a different Ethernet cable and/or AS EC QDE adapter cable  ...??

Rickie
Solix / Re: Solix Thru Hull Transducer Angle
« Last post by rnvinc on Yesterday at 06:27:05 PM »
I had an error on your page Rickie, maybe this was the page you were referring to? Section #3 on the first page deals with I believe his question. Seems to matter what the deadrise is above 2 or below in degrees? It looks like they are using the top surface to me.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/sites/johnsonoutdoors-store/files/product/hbtransducers/1093558/ProductManual/HUM_productmanual_IG_XPTH_SI_532551.pdf?_ga=2.45344228.1103714393.1531687117-1723663000.1531687117

Yes your link is the link I was trying to use  ...

Seems that the block should be cut to allow the bottom face of the xducer to be parallel to the water's surface - thus posting the SI piezoes straight down  ...

Rickie
Helix Series Units / Re: MAC for SD card updating?
« Last post by Tjo on Yesterday at 05:48:59 AM »
Nemrod, were you successful updating from your MAC?

Tom
Helix Series Units / Re: networking two Helix's
« Last post by Tjo on Yesterday at 05:38:35 AM »
Thanks Rickie.
Solix / Re: Follow Contour
« Last post by Diesel Pro on July 15, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
So I got to use my follow Contour today. Initially it worked quite well.  My first run it went for a quite a long distance and the tracks showed that it could have gone further but it was beyond my trolling area.  On following runs it decided to beep and tell me I was at my destination after only going a couple hundred yards. This became quite annoying as it would just quit mid pass.

I found out why it sometimes wants to turn around and go the opposite direction when I start a follow. It is because the system makes a very odd start point that is sometimes actually behind my boat. Other times it starts ahead and tracks just fine. Has to be a bug in the logic. It seems to vary sometimes based on proximity to the selected contour. Rather than drawing a line direct from my location to the junction of the orange and blue highlight it decides that I am someplace else I guess. It also had some odd double lines and sometimes would follow nicely while other times it would cut corners of a contour line. Other times it would follow a contour but it would not show me the gray highlight at all. Overall the system has great potential.
Solix / Re: Solix Thru Hull Transducer Angle
« Last post by DennyO on July 15, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
I had an error on your page Rickie, maybe this was the page you were referring to? Section #3 on the first page deals with I believe his question. Seems to matter what the deadrise is above 2 or below in degrees? It looks like they are using the top surface to me.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/sites/johnsonoutdoors-store/files/product/hbtransducers/1093558/ProductManual/HUM_productmanual_IG_XPTH_SI_532551.pdf?_ga=2.45344228.1103714393.1531687117-1723663000.1531687117
Helix Series Units / Networking problems
« Last post by tundra on July 15, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
I've been having problems with my Ethernet switch connecting to my graphs. It probably only connects 30% of the time I'm on the water. Lately when it does connect, my shared screens are black. I sent the switch in for repair last week. So yesterday I connected my bow graph, helix 9 di chirp g2n to my main council graph, helix 9 mega si g2n. The shared si screen on bow graph was still black. What could I do to fix this problem?
Helix Series Units / Re: Helix 9 Bluetooth Text
« Last post by Togue Troller on July 14, 2018, 05:10:26 AM »
Problem solved, got a new phone and everything works fine now.
Helix Series Units / Re: networking two Helix's
« Last post by rnvinc on July 14, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
I'm not looking at the Mega SI just the helix 12 g2n.

Oops! My mistake for reading your choice of unit incorrectly  ... So let me back up here  ...

The HELIX 12 CHIRP Sonar G2N can display MEGA SI and MEGA DI from your HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI  ... But the MEGA xducers (and any cabling connecting the MEGA xducers) must be connected to the HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI G2N  ...

Sorry for that mis-information  ... Big oversight on my part  ... Thanks for staying vigilant  ...

Rickie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal