Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Helix Series Units / Re: Helix5 SI GPS won't load
« Last post by rnvinc on Yesterday at 04:21:22 PM »
2 things I can think of before calling HB (1-800-633-1468)

1. Remove any map cards and try  ...

2. Try a different fully charged battery  ...

Rickie
Helix Series Units / Helix5 SI GPS won't load
« Last post by CrosbyM on Yesterday at 07:20:43 AM »
When turned on it says loading and then immediately goes to a rapid flashing white.  Will not turn off without unplugging power.  Help. 
598c SI HD / Re: cloudy on right side 598
« Last post by rnvinc on Yesterday at 05:06:22 AM »
OK, I will start looking for some compatible unit to borrow. Hopefully crosstesting will resolve this. Is there some list of compatible units? From user manual, it looks like my 598 is compatibil only with  Xnt 9 Si 180 T.

Any HB SideImaging unit other than ONIX SOLIX or ION can be used to test your xducer  ...

The difference between the XNT 9 SI 180 T and the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T is that the XNT 9 SI 180 T is not necessarily tuned to use the 800kHz SI frequency

Rickie
« Last post by Kenai on October 16, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
OK, I will start looking for some compatible unit to borrow. Hopefully crosstesting will resolve this. Is there some list of compatible units? From user manual, it looks like my 598 is compatibil only with  Xnt 9 Si 180 T.
« Last post by rnvinc on October 16, 2018, 05:04:07 AM »
Your installation looks fine for your boat hull style  ...

There's not much else you can check without crosstesting another known working xducer or head unit  ...

Rickie
General Discussion / Re: 898csi warm to touch and shutting down
« Last post by rnvinc on October 16, 2018, 05:01:02 AM »
I have read of rare instances where a user found a loose ribbon cable inside the unit  ...

Be sure to align the rubber cabinet gasket well when re-assembling  ...

Rickie
General Discussion / 898csi warm to touch and shutting down
« Last post by Deep1 on October 15, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »
My display and top of unit get warm to touch.
 Yesterday hit a bump and it shut down, would not power back up. Pulled power plug hoping to reset, no go. Got home tested power, it had 12 volts. Tried to power and it worked like it should. Could not make it repeat problem.
Today, same thing, shut down. Noticed display and top of unit was warm to touch, never noticed this before.
Pulled power and reconnected, when I tried to power up, the screen would show a faint flash, messed with for 15 or 20 minutes, would not power up. Gave up, about an hour later pushed power and it powered up and worked. In diagnostic screen, it shows 0 voltage.
I'm guessing I have a bad connection in the unit.
Anybody had this problem? Can it be fixed?
Any tips on opening unit?

« Last post by Kenai on October 15, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »
Finally I made it to the lake. After today testing, I'm not even a bit closer to solving this problem. Only ting I can say for sure is, that's not electric interference, it is not cosed by boat tilt, or trolling motor turbulence. Water was quite choppy from strong wind today. At first, I tried anchor at the bow and run SI without moving. Picture 1. Clutter fill whole right side of SI. It was impassible to hold straight on that waves so I pulled anchor up and start moving on trolling motor. Magically, everything worked great, for couple hours. Then it started to show up again. At first for seconds. Pic 2 And on the way home, the clutter was there once again permanently.   :'( Pic3
General Discussion / Re: 898c HD SI
« Last post by dkibat on October 14, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
OK  Thanks I will try that tomorrow, Thanks for the info Have a good week,  Thanks again. Dennis
DIY - Side Scan Sonar and towfish / Dissecting the XM 9 20 MSI T - MEGA xducer ...
« Last post by rnvinc on October 14, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »
Interesting stuff  ...

Rickie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal