Author Topic: XNT 9 DI T  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Lets_Fish

• Unit(s): 798ci si
XNT 9 DI T
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »
Can this transducer be used on the 798ci si knowing that the "SI" mode will not function?  I'm looking at the newer torpedo shaped transducer, not the old style puck.

Here is a link of the new transducer:  http://store.humminbird.com/products/411808/XNT_9_DI_T

I want to install it on the bottom of my Hobie Outback to keep the "DI" capability that has been added through the latest software.  The shape and size is perfect for this but I want to make sure it will "function".

Thanks.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: XNT 9 DI T
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
The DI sonar capability comes from both of the Si sonar beams and not from the single DI sonar beam that is in the XNT-9-DI-T transducer.

Yes the XNT-9-DI-T transducer will work with the 798ci Si unit but not as you may be expecting.  Without a connection to both of the Si transducer connections in the 798ci Si unit; running it with the XNT-9-DI-T transducer could cause a failure of one side of the Si sonar (or possibly both sides as they would not have a load on them and could arc internally).  Now if you set the Transducer Select menu in the 798ci Si unit to “DualBeam” than it should function as a 2D sonar unit on that transducer (but there will not be any Si or Di sonar).

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal